• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carlie Wolf
    Missouri Star
    • Oct 2013

Fully Cooked Boneless Turkey Breasts???

Is there anything good I can make with them? I've never done it before. I have one fully cooked oven roasted and one fully cooked smoked. Or do you just use them sliced for sandwiches? I'm hoping to make something that is flavorful but perhaps can also be freezed. Each are 2 lbs and that's too much for me for one meal.
    https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
    Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.
  • KPH
    Missouri Star
    • Feb 2015

Re: Fully Cooked Boneless Turkey Breasts???

Turkey salad, turkey pot pie (there's turkey stock in the grocery stores here now), turkey casserole...

Howard liked mac and cheese with smoked turkey. I think he had it at the noodle house the first time. They have really creamy mac and cheese that he liked.

BBque turkey sandwiches with the smoked turkey
    Katrina
    From NC, retired in FL
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• JulieC
      Missouri Star
      • Dec 2016

How about some turkey tetrazzini? I also slice the turkey up in portions and freeze it for sandwiches or quick suppers.

Comment

• 201 Treadler
        Missouri Star
        • Jan 2018

Hi
        turkey gravy mash and veg cooked x frozen to reheat. with stuffing.
        turkey x veg stew with dumplings,
        turkey curry and rice
        turkey and mushroom soup.
        we boil the bones to make stock to freeze into cubes, then bag for freezer.
        🧵Treadler from UK 👋

Comment

• Hulamoon
          Missouri Star
          • Jul 2012

I think maybe cut them up in cubes and freeze them for salads. I'm not really into heavy dishes.Or enchaladas or tacos
          Last edited by Hulamoon; December 12, 2018, 05:00 PM.
          🌺 Lorie

Comment

• Carlie Wolf
            Missouri Star
            • Oct 2013

Hummm I always did like turkey tetrazzini. Now that I recall I did also like turkey curry with rice so that's a thought too. Would it work for turkey croquettes too? Since it came to me already frozen I don't think I can just cut it into various ways and then refreeze it. I think I'd have to prepare a dish, partially cook it and then refreeze?
            Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

• Judy, USMC
              Missouri Star
              • May 2013

I'd love to know where you got them that small. All I can find is 5 pounders.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that you don't necessarily have to cook it before you freeze (or re-freeze it.) If it was thawed in the fridge below 42 F you can portion it and put it back in the freezer. DON'T do it if you thawed it on the counter or put the package in water to help it thaw quicker.

Comment

• Carlie Wolf
                Missouri Star
                • Oct 2013

I haven't thawed them yet, they're still in the freezer. Someone gave them to me so I don't know where they got them Judy

Comment

• grammaterry
                  Missouri Star
                  • Dec 2015

The smoked turkey could be thawed and kept in the fridge for a week or more because it is smoked. I recently purchased a large bone in loin of smoked pork and cut it into chops and froze it. Then I looked for the brand (Smithfield in my case) and googled recipes for smoked bone in pork chops and was rewarded with many appetizing suggestions. You might try that. If you partially thaw in the fridge and still have ice crystals, you can cut it anyway you like and refreeze (this info came from the health inspector at the restaurant) The major drawback to refreezing is loss of flavor and nutrition.
                  success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
                  Terry of NC

Comment

• MHG Winnower
                    Missouri Star
                    • Nov 2015

Originally posted by JulieC View Post
                    How about some turkey tetrazzini? I also slice the turkey up in portions and freeze it for sandwiches or quick suppers.
                    Love Tetrazzini!! You can prep the sauce w/Turkey, freeze it then do the final effort. Or do this recipe: https://www.goodenessgracious.com/fr...etrazzini.html
                    “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
                    “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

• Hulamoon
                      Missouri Star
                      • Jul 2012

I was thinking of you, like me cooking for myself. I bought these for making single servings.It's like the size of a Stouffers lasagne.

I was trying to get away from the microwave. lol
                      🌺 Lorie

Comment

• Carolyn
                        The Guild President
                        • Jul 2013

Where do you find precooked turkey? Seeing how I need to cook one or two each week, it sure would help especially doing the holidays. Thanks in advance.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Carlie Wolf
                          Missouri Star
                          • Oct 2013

Carolyn, it was given to me so I don't know where they got it. A few years ago I purchased a boneless turkey breast to cook but you could see the texture of the breast meat in it. This one I don't see that. It almost looks pressed to me. Kind of like what you get at the deli counter for sandwich meat.

Comment

• Carolyn
                            The Guild President
                            • Jul 2013

Thanks Carlie, I found a few on line. Expensive, seeing how they are for our dog I guess I will continue to cook them. The pressed ones may have additives he should not eat. Salmon and turkey are the only two things he can eat. I really dislike the smell of salmon so I only cook it every other week. Denver knows what I am doing and often will set next to the oven waiting for it to be done.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Hulamoon
                              Missouri Star
                              • Jul 2012

There ate recipes for crockpot turkey breasts. I did one once and it comes out really moist. Set it and forget it. I had an aunt with a Yorkie that almost had no teeth and she always bought rotisserie chicken for her.
                              🌺 Lorie

Comment

Working...
                              X