Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: OK, What's cooking in your house for Christmas Dinner?

Terry, how do you cook your venison tenderloin? My mom made a venison roast once that was fabulous! I didn't know it was venison, thought it was roast beef. She said she used vinegar in the cooking of it? It was delicious.
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Christmas eve we always go to DS#1 and DDIL for the feast of the seven fishes (DIL is italian)...we eat until we can barely roll out the door. Then this year both of our sons and their families are coming over here for a brunch/luncheon. Menu is still being bandied about - but so far I know Chicken salad, Oysters Rockafeller, fruit salad. I'm trying to come up with recipes that I can make ahead of time so we don't have to spend the day in the kitchen and can enjoy the kids and grands.

3. Thanks Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

We have Christmas Eve dinner at our home...I am making lasagna...I made my sauce and meatballs last week and put it in the freezer...we also order fried chicken...my daughter in laws will bring cheesy potatoes and a salad...we have nut rolls and cookies for dessert...after dinner, we open our gifts...then on to church....any leftovers, we take to our daughters' on Christmas Day...her boyfriend usually makes prime rib or a ham...
    Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

My friend is making his delicious pumpkin bread recipe. He makes it each year and brings it over for Christmas. We're looking forward to it!

6. Thanks Star lover thanked for this post
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

This sounds delicious, much like the one DIL gave us last year. I told her we really enjoyed it and she confessed she didn't make it, it was a gift from a co-worker. I already knew that because 1st she doesn't bake or making anything and 2nd, she left the co-workers gift tag on the bread.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I am working till 7 pm Christmas Eve and we are having five extra people for dinner, so dh is making a ham and mashed potatoes bc it is pretty hard to mess that up. My 3 dd will each bring a dish to pass. Christmas morning will be my dh and I and our 3 dd and 3 gd, so it will be late morning breakfast brunch of eggs, pancakes, bacon, you know the usual. And maybe some Mimosas. And Kringle which is a local pastry, so delicious.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Seafood Gumbo, Brown steamed rice and Monkey Bread
    bjsmith57

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bjsmith57 View Post
    Seafood Gumbo, Brown steamed rice and Monkey Bread
    Can I come?? I love any kind of gumbo!! And I never had monkey bread.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

jjkaiser, My mom used to make 4 kinds of kringle for her Christmas brunch. All us kids had our favorite flavor. Then there were all the trimmings, that come with brunch. Too late now, but I wish that I would have helped prepare instead of eat, It is a lot of work. Do you make your own Kringle? Mom used to make enough for everyone to have some to take home. YUM Think I'm going to add that to the menu at my house. I always make ham and the trimmings for the meal and snacky things to much on. Vegetable pizza is a good and fairly easy appetizer to make. I have to make 2 jelly roll pans of it, with very little leftovers. I tell myself that it is a "healthy" snack!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Home made Kringle? Wow I have never made it but I bet it would be awesome. We get the O & H Kringle made in Racine. Are you in Wisconsin? Most people outside the state don't know what Kringle even is. Almond is my favorite.