Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: OK, What's cooking in your house for Christmas Dinner?

Our big celebration and eats is Christmas Eve, and then they stay home with their on families on Christmas Day. and later that day we go play games at one the kids and snack all evening.
    I can't remember how long we have done ( at least 50 years) our traditional barbecue brisket, baked beans and potatoe casserole and lots of veggies. cheeses and etc. my son smokes cheeses and it goes over really well. And we eat on it all night until they go home. Carlie, I wish u were close I would love to have you come.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Carlie Wolf View Post
    Since I'll just be cooking for myself I bought things I don't normally get but love. So it will be lobster tails and shrimp. maybe with mashed potatoes since that's a comfort food :-). I might make a chocolate cream pie too. They're easy and I love them too.
    I'm with you being by myself. I like your menu! I love lobster and I have crab legs in the freezer. I do have one store that sells slices of pie and cake so I might indulge a little because I never eat them.

Lorie

3. Thanks kimsophia, Carlie Wolf thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Yum, Carlie. Lobster is my favorite. We're having prime rib, mashed potatoes, green beans lyonnaise. Probably cheesecake for dessert.

5. Thanks kimsophia thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anitamae56 View Post
    Our big celebration and eats is Christmas Eve, and then they stay home with their on families on Christmas Day. and later that day we go play games at one the kids and snack all evening.
    I can't remember how long we have done ( at least 50 years) our traditional barbecue brisket, baked beans and potatoe casserole and lots of veggies. cheeses and etc. my son smokes cheeses and it goes over really well. And we eat on it all night until they go home. Carlie, I wish u were close I would love to have you come.
    Awwww, Anitamae aren't you a sweet one!

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chelea View Post
    Yum, Carlie. Lobster is my favorite. We're having prime rib, mashed potatoes, green beans lyonnaise. Probably cheesecake for dessert.
    Prime rib is one of my favorites. Use to love making it but now they're really too big to make for one person. Your meal sounds yummy

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

There will only be DH and myself on Christmas Day this year (DD and family going to the in laws) but we're still having the traditional dinner, turkey and all the trimmings along with Christmas pudding and custard.

In the UK the day after Christmas Day is called Boxing Day and that's when DD and family will return and come to us. So we'll have cold cuts with jacket potatoes and salad and strawberry trifle and Christmas cake for dessert.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, I don't know...l think our kids are doing their own thing....Any suggestions for a meal for just two people?
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Not much.....we are eating at my parents house. We usually bring a cheese ball and chocolate peanut butter chip cookies. both are family favorites.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cv quilter View Post
    Hmm, I don't know...l think our kids are doing their own thing....Any suggestions for a meal for just two people?
    I think a turkey breast/w gravy, sweet potatos, a side salad and an apple tart tatin. I did come upon another tart you might want to try. It's with shallots. Since they are sweet it would make a nice side. I love cooked onions.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ot+tarte+tatin

I might just make tacos. lol

Lorie

12. Thanks chelea thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

We will be going to DS for family Christmas the 22nd. So on Christmas day it will be just the two of us. I hadn't given it much thought but maybe some seered scallops or I was thinking I might take a Venison tenderloin and do it Chateau briand style with small potatoes. I've gotten pretty tired of thinking up special meals when my second person just falls asleep as soon as he's done. Counting my blessings that he's still in the room.
    Quote Originally Posted by cv quilter View Post

14. Thanks Claire Hallman thanked for this post