Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: MSQC mistake + FedEx Smart Post = very unhappy customer

Quote Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
    FedEX doesn't deliver to PO boxes... well they delivered my order to the end of my driveway next to the street! Luckily for me that I happened to see the box out there and was able to get it. sometimes they hire odd people i guess.
    You are correct if you say that FedEx and UPS does not deliver to PO Boxes if you are talking about their REGULAR services. What M* uses is not REGULAR FedEx or UPS but a lower cost option -Smartpost or SurePost. Smartpost and Surepost packages are delivered, by FedEx/UPS, to the local post office and they take it "the last mile", hence this is often referred to as last mile service. FedEx/UPS skim the "easy/cheap work" (long distance trucking of mass shipments) and then hand off the more costly door to door delivery part to the Post Office. It's a winwin for these companies as they are the ones who take the lions share of the fees and do the easy work, then because it is delivered by the regular mailman, uninformed customers blame the post office for the slow delivery.
    Donna

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LindaKay75 View Post
    My opinion is the whole postal system is lousy, no matter whether a package is sent FEDEX, UPS or FEDEX Smartpost. I sent out a priority package from Florida to Arkansas and it took 10 days. It didn't matter that I paid extra for Priority either. We all should know by now, or at least I do, when you're told package will get there in 3 days, they are just lying. I might not be on the same subject here, I just wanted to say this. I'm not putting blame on MSQC.
    Totally agree 10 days is not acceptable but can tell you for priority mail it is the exception rather than the rule. In the case of Smartpost and Sure post it is the rule not the exception!
    Donna

Quilting Guru

Post Thanks / Like

My package made it all the way across the state of Missouri in 24 hours. It is now only about 45 minutes away but my expected delivery date is Thursday. So it is going to take 6 days to make the 45 minute trip. Thank you FedEx .

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Ordered Nov 10th, still waiting for delivery of my lone layer cake which was promised on Dec 7th. I'll give it til Monday, then I am calling them to have them reverse that charge off my card, and will never order from M* again. They have lost a long time customer.