Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: MSQC mistake + FedEx Smart Post = very unhappy customer

Quote Originally Posted by Mischiefkat1 View Post
    Last 4 orders I've placed from 3 different on-lines I paid standard $5 S&H for 3... 1 was free. All the orders were sent USPS straight to my P.O. Box. None of this hop skipping all over the S.E US.
    Two of these places were new to me to order from....so I called first to see how they shipped...USPS
    Blessings to all Kathy
    You have a PO box. It has to be shipped USPS as UPS and FedEx don't deliver to PO boxes.
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

Both Smart/Sure Post turn my packages over to the in town USPS distribution center for delivery to my PO Box.
    Blessings Kathy

3. Thanks sydneybean, auntstuff thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by K. McEuen View Post
    You have a PO box. It has to be shipped USPS as UPS and FedEx don't deliver to PO boxes.
    No longer true with FedEx Smartpost or UPS Surepost. Since the package is handed off by FedEx or UPS to the post office, the package can be delivered to most any address or PO box in the USA

5. Thanks dwil23, EnumclawGramma, sydneybean thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

My last two orders are expected 3 weeks out. Received one and it was about three weeks, still waiting on the other one... They are back to the slow/bad shipping for my area. I have not been even looking at the site much since. I need to order fabric (close to 50 yards for a Judy Niemeyer quilt) for a class and I can't order from here and be able to start my class. Sad
    ~~Sewin' Love w/ Quilting~~Lucy~~

Quilting Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by K. McEuen View Post
    I am being sent a package today by FedEx smartpost from Msqc and I have a po box. Smartpost transfers to the post office. So does ups. I am not happy about smartpost at all. Shipment today delivery date is the 12th. I live 3 hours from Hamilton. Once it gets to st louis it will transfer to 3 or 4 different facilities and sometimes to one facility twice. Not a fan of smartpost at all.

8. Thanks SewMuchToDo, dwil23, auntstuff thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grammaterry View Post
    I know as a loyal forum member who posts here everyday, these shipping issues are prevalent and iMHO totally out of control. I feel guilty getting fabric elsewhere when they are giving me this forum full of friends for FREE. However, seems we have earned the right. Our loyalty has been a strong reason for this families survival. We love the story, the family, the forum and the quality of the goods. But, now the story is old, the family is on their feet and doing very well, and perhaps now that they want to play with the big boys, they need to get their big boy pants on and FIX these issues for the shipping. I personally have not had any shipping issues, but if I did...and I probably will...I , too, would be leary of another order.
    Exactly! I feel that ten years is time enough too get your ducks in a row. Yes, they have grown exponentially- beyond anyone's wildest dreams - because we - their customers - love them and their story and have been very loyal to them. Sadly, I FEEL that same loyalty has led to an arrogance of sorts - that the same loyal customers will simply accept poor service, because we love them.

I needed to order 9 yards of fabric this morning and I didn't even look to see if it was available here because I want it before Christmas! The company I ordered from will ship today or tomorrow and I will have it two days later.
    Donna

10. Thanks mommadeb, auntstuff thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baskets4deb View Post
    I sent Lisa an email. Their 3rd attempt at sending my missing fabric took 6 days to ship and is scheduled for delivery on the 11th. There isn't much she can do about it now. Poor customer service. Poor shipping method.
    Update: Just checked the tracking and FedEx now says the 12th. I give up! No more! I won't even consider ordering again from MSQC as long as they use FedEx Smart Post!
    Rescued is my favorite breed.

12. Thanks auntstuff thanked for this post
    Quilting Guru

Post Thanks / Like

I had replied to an email about my shipped order stating that I didn't like smartpost at all. They informed me that they will be using them from now on. Hmm. Sorry but not happy about that at all. I don't mind it for daily deals where I am buying because of the sale. I do mind for something I need in a hurry. I'll pay more postage just to get it in a timely manner. And that is not smartpost. It should not take an package from 3 hours away more than a week to get to me.

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

FedEX doesn't deliver to PO boxes... well they delivered my order to the end of my driveway next to the street! Luckily for me that I happened to see the box out there and was able to get it. sometimes they hire odd people i guess.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

My opinion is the whole postal system is lousy, no matter whether a package is sent FEDEX, UPS or FEDEX Smartpost. I sent out a priority package from Florida to Arkansas and it took 10 days. It didn't matter that I paid extra for Priority either. We all should know by now, or at least I do, when you're told package will get there in 3 days, they are just lying. I might not be on the same subject here, I just wanted to say this. I'm not putting blame on MSQC.
    Linda