Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: quilt or ???? what to do with this

Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneOrleansOntario View Post
    That panel is gorgeous. I could see placemats if you don't want to make a quilt. I had a panel with blocks about that size. I also had 14" glass on glass frames. I added fabrics around the panels and framed 6 of them for xmas for a few years, en I made a Christmas quilt.

Attachment 156221. Attachment 156222
    That was smart!

I wish I had a place to hang pictures, lol,If I took the pictures I have down, Howard may come back to haunt me! Of course, his grandfather painted the paintings we have up in the living area. We reframed them all to use at Mom's house. Dot found one more, and gave it to Howard. I think it's my favorite. We had it framed to match the others. Chuck has one that his daughter hates, he wants to get it to me. I can't wait to see it.

Before we moved, I found out he lived within an hour of where we are. I'd love to go antiquing and see if I can find some more. His second wife didn't notify my FIL or any of his family when "Howard S." passed away. Then lied and said he was cremated and scattered when his sister stopped by to check up on him. When I was doing the genealogy I found his grave site. My MIL was shocked and couldn't believe that they'd been lied to like that.

Oh well, neither here or there. Your idea is Brilliant!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I decided today to sash the pictures and am making two runners with 3 panels each and a hot pad out of the other two. All will be Christmas presents....if they are done in time.

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Claire Hallman View Post
    Thanks everyone. Each picture is about 10" square.
    It is not my usual color scheme for Christmas and that is probably what is stalling me. They are too big for mug rugs, too little for placemats and runners won't work on my round tables.
    I may just put them away for next year, they may work well in my sister's new house that she is building, so no hurry there.
    I have a similar one and I plan to eventually do a lap quilt for myself. Mine is silver. I have bought some sort of silver fabric for christmas every year for the past few years. Some day I will make time to create a white/silver/gold christmas room!

4. Thanks Claire Hallman thanked for this post