• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • threadbndr
    Batting Beauty
    • Jan 2017

WiP Dec 1 - 6, 2018

The holiday crafting madness is in full swing around here. I'm doing small things (doll clothes, toy) for both the grandkids, and a knitting afghan for my daughter-in-law's mom (who has become a friend).

I also have a piece of needlework to frame for the DIL and need to buy some puzzles, books and clothes for the kids and a dehydrator for my son (he's got a bunch of venison in the freezer that really needs to be made into jerky soon.)

Quilt guild got cancelled due to our BLIZZARD earlier this week. The interstate highway was closed just west of Topeka! It's not unusual for it to be closed in western KS and eastern CO, but on this end of the state, pretty rare to have that much snow and it blowing that hard. It's actually a good thing, since I didn't get the block for the outgoing president done yet and it was due then!

I need to get that done first thing tomorrow. Then it's back to packing and Christmas prep. Cookies. There will be cookies.

How are things coming along in your part of the world? Holiday prep set in yet?
  • Claire Hallman
    Missouri Star
    • Jun 2011

Re: WiP Dec 1 - 6, 2018

Happy to have a few things done and not enough sewing going on right now. I bought a gold/cream/gray panel with Christmas "pictures" on it, trees, snowflakes, etc and now I don't know what I had in mind, bummer
    I got these dolls done, I thought they looked just like my grands.IMG_0474.JPGIMG_0464.JPG

Why do the pictures turn sideways????
    Claire from Pelham, Alabama

Comment

• cv quilter
      Missouri Star
      • Feb 2015

Adorable! Both the dolls and the grands. Nice pic of you, too, Claire
      A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

• DeniseSm
        Missouri Star
        • Nov 2013

The Christmas tree is up and I have cooked 18 pounds of German sweet potato salad.

I am working on a kit called Water Lily Park using Northcott Water garden fabric. I decided I needed to turn up the volume and have spend hours trying to get the fabric to play together nicely. I finally found a configuration I like. I just need to add the nine patches in the empty gaps.
        100_4764.jpg
        Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

• KnitWitRosie
          Missouri Star
          • Apr 2014

Woo Hoo! First WIP post in like 4 years!!!

Finally getting back in the swing of things and decided on starting off with a simple, small project to get the quilting mojo back up and flowing. Working this weekend on what will be a wall hanging for my craft room. Pulled a FQ bundle from Joanns out of my stash and it’s going to look great when all finished.

~ Rosie ~

Shop: It's Coming Up Rosie

~ The "Dream Team" ~
          "Penny" - Brother VQ2400" ~ "Leia" - Brother PR655 6-Needle Embroidery Machine
          "Rosie" - Viking Eden Rose 250C ~ "Pearl" - Viking Designer SE LE
          "Thor" - Juki TL-2010Q ~ ~ "Sally" - Singer ProFinish Serger ~

Comment

• pcbatiks
            Missouri Star
            • Mar 2012

I started big stitch quilting on the lime green stacked coin quilt today! I really liking the way it looks so far. Also need to put binding on a hand full of mug rugs for small gifts for our quilting group. Last weekend I finished a tablerunner for a secret pal gift........that I could have & should have finished earlier this year.
            "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
            Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

• MaryUK
              Missouri Star
              • Feb 2016

I got 2 of my UFO Christmas quilts finished wahoo!!! Tonight I started participating in a televised all night quiltathon in aid of a mental health charity but gave up after about 3 hours. Too tired and I have church in the morning, it will finish at 9am UK time. You could either buy the quilt kitcand so much goes to the charity or you could download the pattern to use your own fabric and make a donation. I chose my own fabric. It will make a small lap quilt which I'll pass along to the Linus project.

So the coming week I'll finish the quilt in between making Christmas decorations. So loving this retirement!!

Hope you all have a good week. Best wishes for those in need.

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                Missouri Star
                • Aug 2015

So far, I have cleaned up and put away the fabrics, books and patterns that I got this week. Postal service is no longer on strike, so I got 3 packages. Feels like xmas.

I attached the binding on the King xmas quilt, and have started sewing it over by hand. It should be finished this week.

image.jpg

I finished adding the borders on a VictorIa quilt. I will quilt it after the holidays. Today, I made 2 pillowshams for my GF to match the quilt I made her. I also made a pair of king pillowcases to go on our bed with xmas quilt. I also made 2 children fabric books for our newest grandsons, Cedrik and Michael.

image.jpg

I am working on making 2 winter pillows, and other small gift projects. I am still attacking my 2018 list to finish. I am doing well.

Monday afternoon, I go to our VictorIa quilt group. I usually start & finish a top, and bring it home to add the border.
                Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• DeniseSm
                  Missouri Star
                  • Nov 2013

Shh. Please don't tell Santa I am being naughty. My newest jelly roll arrived in the mail today, Sprout and Shout from Lily and Loom at Craftsy. it was just so happy and joyous on a gloomy winter day that I started my next quilt using the free Atlantis Rising pattern instead of cleaning my sewing room for three hours like I was supposed to. Just need to cut some solids for the outer rainbow.

100_4772.JPG
                  Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

• Claire Hallman
                    Missouri Star
                    • Jun 2011

I managed to finish this fall quilt just in time for next fall, haha! I am trying to make a pillow cover to match but am having to scrounge fabrics since I have almost nothing left over from the quilt.IMG_0482.JPG
                    Claire from Pelham, Alabama

Comment

• Star lover
                      Missouri Star
                      • Apr 2016

Originally posted by DeniseSm View Post
                      Shh. Please don't tell Santa I am being naughty. My newest jelly roll arrived in the mail today, Sprout and Shout from Lily and Loom at Craftsy. it was just so happy and joyous on a gloomy winter day that I started my next quilt using the free Atlantis Rising pattern instead of cleaning my sewing room for three hours like I was supposed to. Just need to cut some solids for the outer rainbow.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]156266[/ATTACH]

No worries, your secret's safe with me and .......everyone here! I'd sew too instead of clean......I'm thinkin Santa would understand!

Comment

• Star lover
                        Missouri Star
                        • Apr 2016

Originally posted by Claire Hallman View Post
                        I managed to finish this fall quilt just in time for next fall, haha! I am trying to make a pillow cover to match but am having to scrounge fabrics since I have almost nothing left over from the quilt.[ATTACH=CONFIG]156267[/ATTACH]
                        Claire, your quilt is beautiful! And no it's not late. You're way ahead and done early.....for next year.....yeah, I'd go with that. Wow, just fabulous!

Comment

• KnitWitRosie
                          Missouri Star
                          • Apr 2014

Lookie!!! I made a thing!! Ha ha ha. Got my wall hanging top finished and it’s ready to be basted and quilted. Pretty simple project but it was a good way to start my quilting mojo again and gave me a chance to play with my new machine.

Now it’s time to figure out how to hang it too.

~ Rosie ~

Shop: It's Coming Up Rosie

~ The "Dream Team" ~
                          "Penny" - Brother VQ2400" ~ "Leia" - Brother PR655 6-Needle Embroidery Machine
                          "Rosie" - Viking Eden Rose 250C ~ "Pearl" - Viking Designer SE LE
                          "Thor" - Juki TL-2010Q ~ ~ "Sally" - Singer ProFinish Serger ~

Comment

• kimsophia
                            Missouri Star
                            • Oct 2014

It's so inspiring to see the photos of what y'all are accomplishing. I have one side of a needlepoint getting damp blocked on my home cork board and tacks system. That was made with the traditional tent stitch. I am now finishing needlepointing the other side of the pillow which is not done in tent stitch but a variety of other needlepoint stitches like satin and brick. I bought this one mostly finished on eBay and have bought a blank canvas off Etsy. All these are designs of the late Erica Wilson who is described as the Julia Child of needlework, although I never saw her public TV show. She did a lot of reproductions of historical pieces in museums as well as Beatrix Potter and Winnie the Pooh designs. One of her books got me interested in crewel and needlepoint work with yarns, which are new to me. I'm also finishing up another wise man for my counted cross stitch nativity scene. All enjoyable work for the winter

Comment

Working...
                            X