Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WiP Dec 1 - 6, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by DeniseSm View Post
    Shh. Please don't tell Santa I am being naughty. My newest jelly roll arrived in the mail today, Sprout and Shout from Lily and Loom at Craftsy. it was just so happy and joyous on a gloomy winter day that I started my next quilt using the free Atlantis Rising pattern instead of cleaning my sewing room for three hours like I was supposed to. Just need to cut some solids for the outer rainbow.

Attachment 156266

No worries, your secret's safe with me and .......everyone here! I'd sew too instead of clean......I'm thinkin Santa would understand!
    Anita

2. Thanks 201 Treadler thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Claire Hallman View Post
    I managed to finish this fall quilt just in time for next fall, haha! I am trying to make a pillow cover to match but am having to scrounge fabrics since I have almost nothing left over from the quilt.Attachment 156267
    Claire, your quilt is beautiful! And no it's not late. You're way ahead and done early.....for next year.....yeah, I'd go with that. Wow, just fabulous!
    Anita

4. Thanks Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Lookie!!! I made a thing!! Ha ha ha. Got my wall hanging top finished and it’s ready to be basted and quilted. Pretty simple project but it was a good way to start my quilting mojo again and gave me a chance to play with my new machine.

Now it’s time to figure out how to hang it too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7014A96A-412B-405D-840B-4BEAE1A1BCD0.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	84.6 KB 
ID:	156296
    ~ Rosie ~

Shop: It's Coming Up Rosie

~ The "Dream Team" ~
    "Rosie" - Viking Eden Rose 250C ~ "Pearl" - Viking Designer SE LE ~ "Thor" - Juki TL-2010Q
    ~ "Sally" - Singer ProFinish Serger ~

6. Thanks Claire Hallman, cv quilter, kimsophia thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It's so inspiring to see the photos of what y'all are accomplishing. I have one side of a needlepoint getting damp blocked on my home cork board and tacks system. That was made with the traditional tent stitch. I am now finishing needlepointing the other side of the pillow which is not done in tent stitch but a variety of other needlepoint stitches like satin and brick. I bought this one mostly finished on eBay and have bought a blank canvas off Etsy. All these are designs of the late Erica Wilson who is described as the Julia Child of needlework, although I never saw her public TV show. She did a lot of reproductions of historical pieces in museums as well as Beatrix Potter and Winnie the Pooh designs. One of her books got me interested in crewel and needlepoint work with yarns, which are new to me. I'm also finishing up another wise man for my counted cross stitch nativity scene. All enjoyable work for the winter