Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: How to quilt this?

My suggestions would be based on your current level of skill with FMQ. Will you be quilting it on your DSM or a LA? My first thought was to do vertical lines inside the hearts & outline the hearts. Do a small meander in the white areas of the main body. In the piano keys border you could do the straight lines. In the triangle sections of the outer border you could use one of Angela Walters' triangle patterns. Do you have any of her books? Do you do any ruler work? You could use rulers for those triangles. How you quilt it will depend on how much time you want to spend on the FMQ -- custom, or just do an all over design over the whole quilt. It's a lovely quilt. I love all the bright colors.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Yup meander of hearts
    Blogging ahead.....research in quilting and sewing with a dab of cooking/recipes too.

https://myquiltprojects.wordpress.com/

https://thecookbookproject.wordpress.com/

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cv quilter View Post
    What a pretty quilt! I like the idea of the meander...How about echo quilting inside the hearts? Maybe two or three echos a h.alf inch apart
    I like this idea!

Beautiful quilt!
    Vonnie

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

....and if you're not "into" fmq why not a close all over straight vertical lines running down the quilt. Use a neutral colour and the closer your lines eg, half an inch apart, the more they will settle into the background of your quilt and make your beautiful hearts stand out. Or perhaps an allover spiral? Both very doable with a walking foot. I was very sceptical about doing close quilting, worrying about it crowding out my patchwork until I watched some of Jacquie Gerings' classes and tried it myself on several quilts......was very happy with the effect.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181015_183052.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	116.4 KB 
ID:	156182  
    Last edited by just4me; November 30th, 2018 at 04:07 AM.