• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Connie Jo
    Batting Beauty
    • Mar 2014

White lasagna

Has anyone ever made white lasagna? I saw it on Pinterest. I can’t remember what all is in it, but I know chicken. A couple of my kids don’t do red sauce

Thanks
    Connie
  • Caroline T.
    Missouri Star
    • Jun 2016

Re: White lasagna

Found this recipe

Looks yummy, DH is trying to eat less red meat but really misses my lasagna, so I think i'll try this one for him.

Comment

• bubba
      Missouri Star
      • Mar 2013

I've had it before and it does have white chicken, I think with a mushroom sauce. There was a hint of nutmeg as well. It was really good and must not have been too cheesy, because I don't like that!
      pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

• MissMay in Jersey
        Applique Angel
        • Oct 2018

Don't have the recipe handy but you trade the traditional red sauce for a white sauce and keep all the cheeses. It does make a good veggie lasagna since it includes chopped spinach, carrots, mushrooms, etc.

Comment

• Hulamoon
          Missouri Star
          • Jul 2012

Originally posted by MissMay in Jersey View Post
          Don't have the recipe handy but you trade the traditional red sauce for a white sauce and keep all the cheeses. It does make a good veggie lasagna since it includes chopped spinach, carrots, mushrooms, etc.
          That reminds me, Souffer's makes a vegetable lasagna in white sauce. I haven't had it awhile because it's so rich! Yummy though!
          🌺 Lorie

Comment

• KPH
            Missouri Star
            • Feb 2015

Shows where my brain is this time of year, is it horrible I was hoping it was a white chocolate candy with layers of yummy caramel and nuts and stuff like that....
            Katrina
            From NC, retired in FL
            “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• bakermom
              Missouri Star
              • Sep 2010

I had one from years ago-from Parents magazine I think. It was a white sauce that you added veggies to, spinach, shredded carrots, etc . My kids favorite was chopped broccoli and carrots. What was nice, it made a lot of sauce and you layered the uncooked noodles with the sauce and cheese, wrapped it with foil and ref. till you wanted to bake it. I would put it together in the morning and bake it for supper that night.
              “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

• MissMay in Jersey
                Applique Angel
                • Oct 2018

Originally posted by bakermom View Post
                I had one from years ago-from Parents magazine I think. It was a white sauce that you added veggies to, spinach, shredded carrots, etc . My kids favorite was chopped broccoli and carrots. What was nice, it made a lot of sauce and you layered the uncooked noodles with the sauce and cheese, wrapped it with foil and ref. till you wanted to bake it. I would put it together in the morning and bake it for supper that night.
                You could add some cooked chicken too.

Joy, I haven't bought that in quite some time. It comes frozen in a family size pan. I like the small individual pans which serves DH and I as a side dish, going to add some on my shopping list.

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                  Missouri Star
                  • Aug 2015

A former colleague made a white lasagna. Her's was with a combination of salmon and seafood.

I will have to look for the recipe and translate it, if anyone is interested.
                  Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                    Missouri Star
                    • Aug 2015

Originally posted by KPH View Post
                    Shows where my brain is this time of year, is it horrible I was hoping it was a white chocolate candy with layers of yummy caramel and nuts and stuff like that....
                    Ohh I like this too. Add maple flavoured marshmallows and its a winner.
                    Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• bakermom
                      Missouri Star
                      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by SuzanneOrleansOntario View Post
                      Ohh I like this too. Add maple flavoured marshmallows and its a winner.
                      Sounds like a wonderful idea!
                      “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Working...
                      X