Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Ironing station placement

My cutting table is my large ironing surface too. I created the ironing/cutting surface with a piece of plywood wrapped in batting and cotton and layed over a couple of bookcases. My large cutting mat sits on top. It has enough pressing room with cutting board on it for when I am piecing. Then when I have to press large pieces I just remove my cutting mat. Works amazing.
    Karen
    Life is short - live it up while you can

2. Thanks Old Newbie thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I had to chuckle......ironing station? I have an area so small, there are no stations. I have my machine on a wood card table, it has a cutting mat behind it. I use my old ironing board, lowered with a travel size duel cutting mat, ironing surface, at my side. That's it. But it's mine and it's cozy and oh so much warmer than my basement! Have fun creating your new space!
    Anita

4. Thanks Deegles, Old Newbie thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I have a rolling kitchen cart that I have my cutting mat & a 2x4' ironing board (it's a piece of plywood I covered with batting & that silver irong fabric). I can roll it away from the wall to make it easier to iron yardage.

6. Thanks Old Newbie thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I am really liking my woolen mat. That technology would work on any surface including a tv tray.
    Blogging ahead.....research in quilting and sewing with a dab of cooking/recipes too.

https://myquiltprojects.wordpress.com/

https://thecookbookproject.wordpress.com/

8. Thanks Old Newbie thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deegles View Post
    I am really liking my woolen mat. That technology would work on any surface including a tv tray.
    Just wool?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I just saw this red tag sale at Harbor Freight. I believe a few others on here have converted one of these into an ironing and/or cutting table. Nice size and storage underneath. https://www.harborfreight.com/60-in-...M5In0%3D%0D%0A It's on sale for $124.99 with coupon code 46936901. My ironing station is similar but it is made from a garage work table (from yard sale) with large IKEA table top on top.
    I am Sew Blessed!
    Alina

11. Thanks Old Newbie thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by amartin24 View Post
    I just saw this red tag sale at Harbor Freight. I believe a few others on here have converted one of these into an ironing and/or cutting table. Nice size and storage underneath. https://www.harborfreight.com/60-in-...M5In0%3D%0D%0A It's on sale for $124.99 with coupon code 46936901. My ironing station is similar but it is made from a garage work table (from yard sale) with large IKEA table top on top.
    I like this a lot