Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default M* has lost a customer

Its me again. Well I ordered a panel from Equilter.com on Nov 20 and it came in the mail today, yeah. While my M* order from Nov 10 is still sitting in California since Nov 16 (that's 9 days in California). I wonder what FexEx is doing with that order until Dec 7th when they said I would get delivery. Soooo I will NOT BE ORDERING ANYHING FROM M* AGAIN. Sorry M* but unless you fix your order processing back to USPS, you have lost a customer. Aloha!!! Maybe they should contact Equilter which probably does way more business than M*, and find out how they do their shipping.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: M* has lost a customer

Sorry to hear about your severely delayed package. Sounds like the thrills and joys of living on an island in the middle of the ocean have caught up with your fabric order.

Perhaps contacting M* directly would net you better results. None of us here in the forum can fix this, as much as we might want to.

Happy sewing on your new panel.
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

3. Thanks bubba, EsGrandma, Kgrammiecaz thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by toggpine View Post
    Sorry to hear about your severely delayed package. Sounds like the thrills and joys of living on an island in the middle of the ocean have caught up with your fabric order.

Perhaps contacting M* directly would net you better results. None of us here in the forum can fix this, as much as we might want to.

Happy sewing on your new panel.
    First, "living on an island in the middle of the ocean" did not stop equilter from getting her order to her in a timely manner. Secondly, contacting M* about this will get no results. Ask me how I know.

They have made it quite clear that getting our orders to us in a reasonable amount of time is totally unimportant to them. They get very little of my business anymore due to their arrogant attitude on this matter. I only order daily deals and an occasional "want" - never anything I need anytime soon.
    Donna

5. Thanks auntstuff thanked for this post
    Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

I feel your frustration, as a kama’aina who is now living in the mainland I was always frustrated with island living when you wanted/needed something and the time and cost of getting something shipped, it was mind boggling sometimes, though it has improved exponentially since then.

And while at the end of the day, the business chooses who they use for shipping please take into consideration a few things.

1: They may have a contract with their current shipper for a specific period of time.
    2: Once it leaves their facility it is indeed out of their hands, all of them have faults and sometimes we are on the receiving end of said faults.
    3: Human error, your package was probably rerouted or misplaced somewhere and now it’s in limbo.

I agree 1000% that they should offer shipping choices for their customers, more often than not, it’s SOP for most online retailers. Let the customer decide, it goes a long way towards a satisfied consumer.

Also, we have to remember that at the end of the day, this is a small business that grew into a big business in a small town. The difficulties they must encounter in trying to find and retain personnel is probably very challenging indeed.

Growing pains, with emphasis on pain, it’s painful for customers because of the “amazon” effect, we have come to expect fast shipping and delivery. This is not a Fortune 500 company that has millions of dollars to fully automate the order process, and I don’t think that is their goal. I think they have to find that fine line between a family business that still offers a personal experience and the successful business that is able to meet the growing demands of their customers.

At the end of the day I have to balance what I need/want with the urgency of what I need. Sometimes I have to pass on great prices in favor of expediency, and for now I only order items I want from here, and order items I need elsewhere as I know they still have some kinks to work on. I’m still a loyal customer and appreciate their dedication.

Considering their enormous success, I’m sure that they have received many offers and I am thankful that it remains a family business! it takes an tremendous amount of fortitude to run a business and many don’t even take into consideration the difficulties. Shipping has been a issue, and I do believe that they hear what we are saying, we must be patient. I understand your total frustration, sending you much aloha!
    Last edited by classynsassy; November 25th, 2018 at 08:59 AM.

7. Thanks KPH, mooveenut57, EsGrandma, EnumclawGramma, MSN, Babs quilts thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by classynsassy View Post
    I feel your frustration, as a kama’aina who is now living in the mainland I was always frustrated with island living when you wanted/needed something and the time and cost of getting something shipped, it was mind boggling sometimes, though it has improved exponentially since then.

And while at the end of the day, the business chooses who they use for shipping please take into consideration a few things.

1: They may have a contract with their current shipper for a specific period of time.
    2: Once it leaves their facility it is indeed out of their hands, all of them have faults and sometimes we are on the receiving end of said faults.
    3: Human error, your package was probably rerouted or misplaced somewhere and now it’s in limbo.

I agree 1000% that they should offer shipping choices for their customers, more often than not, it’s SOP for most online retailers. Let the customer decide, it goes a long way towards a satisfied consumer.

Also, we have to remember that at the end of the day, this is a small business that grew into a big business in a small town. The difficulties they must encounter in trying to find and retain personnel is probably very challenging indeed.

Growing pains, with emphasis on pain, it’s painful for customers because of the “amazon” effect, we have come to expect fast shipping and delivery. This is not a Fortune 500 company that has millions of dollars to fully automate the order process, and I don’t think that is their goal. I think they have to find that fine line between a family business that still offers a personal experience and the successful business that is able to meet the growing demands of their customers.

At the end of the day I have to balance what I need/want with the urgency of what I need. Sometimes I have to pass on great prices in favor of expediency, and for now I only order items I want from here, and order items I need elsewhere as I know they still have some kinks to work on. I’m still a loyal customer and appreciate their dedication.

Considering their enormous success, I’m sure that they have received many offers and I am thankful that it remains a family business! it takes an tremendous amount of fortitude to run a business and many don’t even take into consideration the difficulties. Shipping has been a issue, and I do believe that they hear what we are saying, we must be patient. I understand your total frustration, sending you much aloha!
    I appreciate your perspective on these matters, however, shipping has been an issue for at least three years now - ever since they started using Surepost instead of the postal service. I have been very patient waiting for the "changes" and options but they have never materialized as promised. Also, you may not be aware, but this is no longer a family business - it was sold out to a larger corporation a couple of years ago and it is my understanding that they have fully automated their shipping process - although the big problem is the amount of time it takes once it leaves their facility. As far as contracts, you may be right and if so, that means we are STUCK with FedEx Smartpost for several years, since they just made the change from UPS Surepost to FedEx in the last month or so. Like you said - don't order anything you need anytime soon from them and you will be okay - plan to wait. And wait. And wait.....you won't be disappointed at least!
    Donna

9. Thanks auntstuff thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dwil23 View Post
    Also, you may not be aware, but this is no longer a family business - it was sold out to a larger corporation a couple of years ago and it is my understanding that they have fully automated their shipping process

Really? Alan, Sarah and David stepped down from the day to day running of the company, but they did not sell it.
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

11. Thanks Astatoo thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by K. McEuen View Post
    Really? Alan, Sarah and David stepped down from the day to day running of the company, but they did not sell it.
    I stand corrected - I'm sure you know Karen, but it was my understanding that they had sold it. Good to know they haven't, but, I guess you could still say it is not "family run" any longer?

Sorry - did not mean to mislead anyone.

ETA - Karen - do you know who is running it now? Maybe they would be interested in hearing about customer's shipping experiences.
    Last edited by dwil23; November 25th, 2018 at 11:12 AM.
    Donna

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about your experience. I must be a lone happy customer here, despite delays to Canada. Whe you get free shipping days, we get a reduced cost, which is very reasonable. Other online companies in Canada and US can can charge to $30s depending on your order. I agree they might want to explore alternate shipping options if people are willing to pay for faster service.

I hear your frustration surfer girl, as it can be just as difficult to cross the border to the north. However, M* have made it right in most instances. I have 2 orders Nov 14 & 16. Both shipped with a day or so, huge improvement, and started moving. Both are stuck in Chicago, just like frequent travellers know - you avoid flights going through Chicago unless that's your destination. I think in your case the California fires are having a huge impact on the delivery system.

I did order on Nov 15 from Connecting Threads, free shipping as I max my order. My package moved slowly but it cleared customs on Friday afternoon. This could mean a 3-7 days delay to receive, as Canada Post has been on rotating strike. While they were ordered back to work, there is probably a backlog of delivery.

My experience with eQuilter was not good at all. I ordered fabrics early Nov 2017. It took 10 weeks to receive it. This after many calls and emails. They offered me $$$ for future orders. Unfortunately they are on my NEVER AGAIN list.

I guess this makes a good argument for shopping local if you can and you need the fabric in the near future.

I also order from Hancock of Paducah - never had an issue. Reasonable delivery time, but shipping is more.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I have ordered from equilter a dozen times or so, and ALWAYS had my package within a week, often as little as 3 days.

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

I agree. I recently received an order -1 junior layer cake. It was tossed in a box way too big for it with one sheet of crumpled brown paper and arrived a wrinkled mess. Why not shrink wrap these items? When I emailed them a pic they replied back with a $5 credit. Was I supposed to re order this? A follow up asking if I was satisifed with the resolution arrived and I said NO. No further replies from them.
    Yes I can iron the layer cake, but these wrinkles are set in there for good. After steam ironing the first one, it shrunk! So I placed the rest under some heavy items to try to get these wrinkles out. Not happy. You buy layer cakes for the convenience. Shouldn't have to do this.
    "Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy" -- Eskimo Proverb

16. Thanks auntstuff thanked for this post