Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default FedEx SMARTpost - NOT!

My SmartPost experience:
    Left Hamilton, MO 11/21
    Arrived Kent, WA. 11/23 (Not BAD!)
    Scheduled delivery Puyallup, WA. (approx. ONE HOUR from Kent, WA.) 11/27?!?!

***Insert inappropriate expletives here***
    ~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: FedEx SMARTpost - NOT!

Holding my breath.My last 2 orders were straight USPS and arrived in good time, so I ordered again yesterday, and you guessed it, Smartpost.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

sometimes i'm tempted to get a p.o. box in Kent, just for that reason. But having had to do alot of business in that p.o.office, I think it's quicker to wait the extra couple of days.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered 1 yard of wide backing fabric, it left Hamilton on the 19th, going thru Olathe, KS, Lebanon, TN, who knows where else and arrives at my door (south FL) on 11/28. (FEDEX SMART POST)
    Linda

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Yup. I suppose it depends where we live I got excited when I saw my order of Nov 14 shipped a few days later. Amazing. And then my order of Nov 16 shipped one day later. Wow! So far the 2nd package has skipped the queue. First to Elk Grove, then Chicago. I know that flights through Chicago are always delayed. Waiting for both of them to cross the border to Toronto, and then delivery. No estimated date as they could be held in customs for a day. I am expecting in time for xmas, if I'm lucky.

Package from Connecting Thread same time is almost here. Mostly delayed due to Canada post rotating strikes has caused a backlog of deliveries.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

The only thing Smart or Sure in those ways of sending packages is that it costs the company less (supposedly in shipping costs, but exactly how much has that cost M* is lost orders?) and irritates the heck out of people that have to wait an extra 4 or 5 days on their package.

I don't order near as much from them since my parcels take an average of 10 days to reach me.
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by K. McEuen View Post
    The only thing Smart or Sure in those ways of sending packages is that it costs the company less (supposedly in shipping costs, but exactly how much has that cost M* is lost orders?) and irritates the heck out of people that have to wait an extra 4 or 5 days on their package.

I don't order near as much from them since my parcels take an average of 10 days to reach me.
    EXACTLY!!! I doubt that they really save that much. Other online retailers (i.e. Fat Quarter Shop who sends any package straight USPS for $4.95) ship by priority mail and it is always here in 2 days. If they can do it, I have a hard time believing that M* can't. What they are "saving" in shipping costs is surely costing them in sales. Penny wise and dollar foolish if you me.
    Donna

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

Yes this is true. All my FQS orders come super fast and the shipping cost is the same as MSQC. They are packaged very nicely and always arrive in good shape. Between the slow shipping, and sloppy packaging, I am ordering less and less from MSQC.
    "Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy" -- Eskimo Proverb

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by K. McEuen View Post

Exactly!!!
    ~~Sewin' Love w/ Quilting~~Lucy~~

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

You can also send a PM with the information on your delayed packages to Bill Nye on these boards. Let them know about the extra time that it takes for delivery. I sent him a recent PM regarding a delay with my order and received a prompt reply.