Clear All
  • EnumclawGramma
    Missouri Star
    • Mar 2012

FedEx SMARTpost - NOT!

My SmartPost experience:
    Left Hamilton, MO 11/21
    Arrived Kent, WA. 11/23 (Not BAD!)
    Scheduled delivery Puyallup, WA. (approx. ONE HOUR from Kent, WA.) 11/27?!?!

***Insert inappropriate expletives here***
    sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.
  • auntstuff
    Missouri Star
    • Nov 2017

Re: FedEx SMARTpost - NOT!

Holding my breath.My last 2 orders were straight USPS and arrived in good time, so I ordered again yesterday, and you guessed it, Smartpost.
    She who dies with the most quilts is......
    Still dead.
    What's your hurry?

Comment

• Caroline T.
      Missouri Star
      • Jun 2016

sometimes i'm tempted to get a p.o. box in Kent, just for that reason. But having had to do alot of business in that p.o.office, I think it's quicker to wait the extra couple of days.

Comment

• LindaKay75
        The Guild President
        • Mar 2014

I ordered 1 yard of wide backing fabric, it left Hamilton on the 19th, going thru Olathe, KS, Lebanon, TN, who knows where else and arrives at my door (south FL) on 11/28. (FEDEX SMART POST)
        sigpicLinda :icon_wave:

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
          Missouri Star
          • Aug 2015

Yup. I suppose it depends where we live I got excited when I saw my order of Nov 14 shipped a few days later. Amazing. And then my order of Nov 16 shipped one day later. Wow! So far the 2nd package has skipped the queue. First to Elk Grove, then Chicago. I know that flights through Chicago are always delayed. Waiting for both of them to cross the border to Toronto, and then delivery. No estimated date as they could be held in customs for a day. I am expecting in time for xmas, if I'm lucky.

Package from Connecting Thread same time is almost here. Mostly delayed due to Canada post rotating strikes has caused a backlog of deliveries.
          Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• K. McEuen
            Super Moderator
            Missouri Star
            • Jan 2011

The only thing Smart or Sure in those ways of sending packages is that it costs the company less (supposedly in shipping costs, but exactly how much has that cost M* is lost orders?) and irritates the heck out of people that have to wait an extra 4 or 5 days on their package.

I don't order near as much from them since my parcels take an average of 10 days to reach me.
            K is for Karen 😊​ Albuquerque, NM..................
            Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
            T - is it TRUE?
            H - is it HELPFUL?
            I - is it INSPIRING?
            N - is it NECESSARY?
            K - is it KIND?

Comment

• Rhonda K
              Missouri Star
              • Jan 2017

You can also send a PM with the information on your delayed packages to Bill Nye on these boards. Let them know about the extra time that it takes for delivery. I sent him a recent PM regarding a delay with my order and received a prompt reply.
              Just one more stitch...

Comment

• KarenC
                Missouri Star
                • Apr 2015

Fortunately I have several LQS near me with good selection. Once in a while I do order online, but not when in a hurry unless I have to.
                Karen
                Spring, TX

Comment

• Judy, USMC
                  Missouri Star
                  • May 2013

Originally posted by EnumclawGramma View Post
                  My SmartPost experience:
                  Left Hamilton, MO 11/21
                  Arrived Kent, WA. 11/23 (Not BAD!)
                  Scheduled delivery Puyallup, WA. (approx. ONE HOUR from Kent, WA.) 11/27?!?!
                  I think I was the first one to report this FedEx problem back on Nov 7th. I actually got it on the 14th (they projected the 16th,) I think over estimating may just be a ploy to make us think they got it to us early. But I did notice that once it got into the hands of the post office it got here quickly. It's that slow driving and delay in handing off to the Post Office that seemed to add an extra day or 2.

And I agree with you too, Karen. M*'s reputation is suffering. There is a definite division in what gets shipped in a timely manner via straight USPS (Example - daily deal in an envelope usually gets here quick.) It seems to be the boxes that are given to UPS and now FedEx that are crawling at a snail's pace.
                  Last edited by Judy, USMC; November 24, 2018, 05:43 PM. Reason: corrected dates

Comment

• auntstuff
                    Missouri Star
                    • Nov 2017

Originally posted by Judy, USMC View Post
                    I think I was the first one to report this FedEx problem back on Nov 7th. I actually got it on the 14th (they projected the 16th,) I think over estimating may just be a ploy to make us think they got it to us early. But I did notice that once it got into the hands of the post office it got here quickly. It's that delay in handing off to the Post Office that seemed to add an extra day or 2.

And I agree with you too, Karen. M*'s reputation is suffering. There is a definite division in what gets shipped in a timely manner via straight USPS (Example - daily deal in an envelope usually gets here quick.) It seems to be the boxes that are given to UPS and now FedEx that are crawling at a snail's pace.
                    This last time, I ordered the daily deal, ONE charm pack. They shipped it Sure Post. Color me annoyed.
                    She who dies with the most quilts is......
                    Still dead.
                    What's your hurry?

Comment

• Judy, USMC
                      Missouri Star
                      • May 2013

Originally posted by auntstuff View Post
                      This last time, I ordered the daily deal, ONE charm pack. They shipped it Sure Post. Color me annoyed.
                      I got the 11/23 one charm pack. Just checked shipping method and yep- FedEx SmartPost delivery est 12/1. Went and bought white Kona yardage at the LQS for small business Saturday because I needed it.

Comment

• dwil23
                        Missouri Star
                        • May 2012

Originally posted by K. McEuen View Post
                        The only thing Smart or Sure in those ways of sending packages is that it costs the company less (supposedly in shipping costs, but exactly how much has that cost M* is lost orders?) and irritates the heck out of people that have to wait an extra 4 or 5 days on their package.

I don't order near as much from them since my parcels take an average of 10 days to reach me.
                        EXACTLY!!! I doubt that they really save that much. Other online retailers (i.e. Fat Quarter Shop who sends any package straight USPS for $4.95) ship by priority mail and it is always here in 2 days. If they can do it, I have a hard time believing that M* can't. What they are "saving" in shipping costs is surely costing them in sales. Penny wise and dollar foolish if you me.
                        Donna

Comment

• amyquilts
                          Prairie Pointer
                          • Aug 2014

Yes this is true. All my FQS orders come super fast and the shipping cost is the same as MSQC. They are packaged very nicely and always arrive in good shape. Between the slow shipping, and sloppy packaging, I am ordering less and less from MSQC.
                          "Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy" -- Eskimo Proverb

Comment

• EnumclawGramma
                            Missouri Star
                            • Mar 2012

To be clear, my original post was in no way a negative toward M*. They are my go to for all things quilty, (unless I find a screamin' deal elsewhere I just can't pass up). I thought they got the order out in record time considering there were fabric cuts in it. I have noticed that all my Block Magazines come folded in half, and that ruffles my tail feathers, but I blame that on my P.O. and carrier.

I'm sticking in with M* as long as I can, and I betcha this all gets sorted out, eventually.
                            sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

• Kristler
                              Machine Stitcher
                              • Sep 2016

First off, we love Missouri Star, and order from them when we can. That said I would like to add my support for NOT using FedEx Smartpost. In general, FedEx is worse for us no matter what. Almost always takes longer than UPS and even USPS has better tracking and details most of the time. I would also add that for us UPS surepost is fine since we subscribe to the MyUPS and pay for their “premium” (which there are lots of deals that make this like $1 or $2 a month). With that I set all my surepost to auto upgrade (free with membership) and get ground shipping. So, what’s my beef with FedEx? Well like everyone above has said, they take forever! That and their tracking is terrible! Case in point. Our order a week ago. M* had it ready same day (Sunday) and FedEx even said they picked it up on Monday. Great. They then set a delivery date for this coming Friday (2 weeks basically). Since we live 2 states away in Indiana, I’m guessing they decided to walk it to our house. All kidding aside, it got to Indianapolis Wednesday night. Skip Thanksgiving (no problem), then Friday AM says in transit to post office (like 8 AM). Since then no updates. Also no USPS tracking number, that or if it's supposed to be the same number, the USPS hasn’t heard if it. UPS surepost has always had both numbers on their website. As a side example, I ordered an item Friday afternoon from another company (ok Amazon). They shipped it out of Indy on Friday via UPS ground. UPS went ahead on Saturday (note no Saturday delivery paid for) and brought it to our house because they were in the area. We actually get this a lot form UPS. If a package gets to their delivery site early enough, they bring it, no matter the service level, etc. FedEx has on many, many occasions actually held our packages at the local site for 1 or more days just because we didn’t pay for a faster service. Also the USPS from M* only takes 2 days for us. So long story, but please, please stop using FedEx smartpost.

Comment

Working...
                              X