Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: FedEx SMARTpost - NOT!

Quote Originally Posted by Judy, USMC View Post
    I got the 11/23 one charm pack. Just checked shipping method and yep- FedEx SmartPost delivery est 12/1. Went and bought white Kona yardage at the LQS for small business Saturday because I needed it.
    Well the charm pack arrived today - 11/30. That's a whole day earlier than originally estimated ... I should be happy, right?
    (Sorry, my sarcasm is showing.)

So the charm pack weighed 4.3 oz including packaging. Post Office Counter First class rate is $3.75 which includes tracking. Estimated delivery in 3 days. Now if my math is correct @ $5 shipping I actually paid them $1.25 to double my shipping time.

2. Thanks SewMuchToDo thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Yep. Still waiting for my charm pack.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Finally here, looking pretty crumpled. Good thing I have n iron. 8 days for one charm pack to go less than 200 miles. Must be some kind of record there.

Machine Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone!
    My name is Lisa and I work at Missouri Star. I just wanted you all to know that we are reading all the posts about the issues with Smart Post/Fed Ex and we take this feedback very seriously. We are currently working with Fed Ex to provide you guys with more options and the best possible service - that is extremely important to us.
    We appreciate each of you very much! Thanks for being part of our Missouri Star family.
    Best,
    Lisa
    Missouri Star Quilt Company Employee

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Just dump the lousy FedEx, and we be fine.

7. Thanks SewMuchToDo, EnumclawGramma thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't it seem that the hybrid shipping methods that involve multiple carriers (USPS and FedEx, or USPS and UPS) results in delays? Why not keep it simple with say, USPS Priority? I think there's a commercial rate.
    And for goodness sake, can't you figure out how to offer choices for shipping? Plenty of online retailers offer this.
    MSQC, I love you guys but you're losing sales from me, a long-time, loyal customer because I need things in a timely fashion and can't count on you to deliver.

9. Thanks SewMuchToDo, dwil23, shermur, auntstuff thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chelea View Post
    Doesn't it seem that the hybrid shipping methods that involve multiple carriers (USPS and FedEx, or USPS and UPS) results in delays? Why not keep it simple with say, USPS Priority? I think there's a commercial rate.
    And for goodness sake, can't you figure out how to offer choices for shipping? Plenty of online retailers offer this.
    MSQC, I love you guys but you're losing sales from me, a long-time, loyal customer because I need things in a timely fashion and can't count on you to deliver.
    Well, this is just a guess.....

Hamilton's post office probably does not have the government funds to staff the Hamilton facility to handle the plethora of orders that M* has on a daily basis. I have suggested to the M* powers that be; to possibly outright purchase an 18 wheel truck, hire a driver or two and make a morning run and an evening run to the Kansas City postal facility. That would have to be faster than the way it is being shipped at present......the more hands that touch the packages? The more it will slow the process down!!!!! I have many times also asked the powers that be to offer a shipping choice when placing an order for the past 3-4 years....and it still hasn't happened.....
    Not to mention, they have lost considerable business due to the shipping issues on my orders alone....
    And, depending on how long M* signed a contract with FedEx? It may not be easy to make a change at this point?
    Last edited by shermur; December 3rd, 2018 at 04:57 PM.
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

11. Thanks dwil23 thanked for this post
    Machine Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone,
    My name is Lisa and I work at Missouri Star. I wanted everyone to know that we have been following this thread closely and take these shipping issues very seriously. We are working as closely and as swiftly as possible with Fed Ex to offer you guys more choices and make the shipping experience more pleasant. I want you to know how much we appreciate your business, value you as a customer and want to ensure you have an amazing experience when shopping at Missouri Star - this includes the shipping process. We apologize for not meeting your expectations. I will be posting updates on our shipping solutions as soon as I can. In the meantime, if we can help in any way with your specific orders, please call us at 1-888-571-1122. Thank you!
    Best,
    Lisa
    Missouri Star Quilt Company Employee

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

UPS surepost was not good. Fedex is 10 times worse.

14. Thanks SewMuchToDo, dwil23, shermur thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

We have been hearing for the past couple years that shipping is improving and issues are being addressed but things only went downhill from there. I agree with the rest, and use USPS and be done with these other "lesser" shipping methods. I don't order much online, but I'm sorry, I just can't order from M* until shipping gets better. I live overseas and I don't want to pay for something and then have it get lost.

16. Thanks dwil23, shermur thanked for this post