Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: FedEx SMARTpost - NOT!

Quote Originally Posted by auntstuff View Post
    This last time, I ordered the daily deal, ONE charm pack. They shipped it Sure Post. Color me annoyed.
    I got the 11/23 one charm pack. Just checked shipping method and yep- FedEx SmartPost delivery est 12/1. Went and bought white Kona yardage at the LQS for small business Saturday because I needed it.

2. Thanks auntstuff thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by K. McEuen View Post
    The only thing Smart or Sure in those ways of sending packages is that it costs the company less (supposedly in shipping costs, but exactly how much has that cost M* is lost orders?) and irritates the heck out of people that have to wait an extra 4 or 5 days on their package.

I don't order near as much from them since my parcels take an average of 10 days to reach me.
    EXACTLY!!! I doubt that they really save that much. Other online retailers (i.e. Fat Quarter Shop who sends any package straight USPS for $4.95) ship by priority mail and it is always here in 2 days. If they can do it, I have a hard time believing that M* can't. What they are "saving" in shipping costs is surely costing them in sales. Penny wise and dollar foolish if you me.
    Donna

4. Thanks mommadeb thanked for this post
    Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

Yes this is true. All my FQS orders come super fast and the shipping cost is the same as MSQC. They are packaged very nicely and always arrive in good shape. Between the slow shipping, and sloppy packaging, I am ordering less and less from MSQC.
    "Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy" -- Eskimo Proverb

6. Thanks auntstuff thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

To be clear, my original post was in no way a negative toward M*. They are my go to for all things quilty, (unless I find a screamin' deal elsewhere I just can't pass up). I thought they got the order out in record time considering there were fabric cuts in it. I have noticed that all my Block Magazines come folded in half, and that ruffles my tail feathers, but I blame that on my P.O. and carrier.

I'm sticking in with M* as long as I can, and I betcha this all gets sorted out, eventually.
    ~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

First off, we love Missouri Star, and order from them when we can. That said I would like to add my support for NOT using FedEx Smartpost. In general, FedEx is worse for us no matter what. Almost always takes longer than UPS and even USPS has better tracking and details most of the time. I would also add that for us UPS surepost is fine since we subscribe to the MyUPS and pay for their “premium” (which there are lots of deals that make this like $1 or $2 a month). With that I set all my surepost to auto upgrade (free with membership) and get ground shipping. So, what’s my beef with FedEx? Well like everyone above has said, they take forever! That and their tracking is terrible! Case in point. Our order a week ago. M* had it ready same day (Sunday) and FedEx even said they picked it up on Monday. Great. They then set a delivery date for this coming Friday (2 weeks basically). Since we live 2 states away in Indiana, I’m guessing they decided to walk it to our house. All kidding aside, it got to Indianapolis Wednesday night. Skip Thanksgiving (no problem), then Friday AM says in transit to post office (like 8 AM). Since then no updates. Also no USPS tracking number, that or if it's supposed to be the same number, the USPS hasn’t heard if it. UPS surepost has always had both numbers on their website. As a side example, I ordered an item Friday afternoon from another company (ok Amazon). They shipped it out of Indy on Friday via UPS ground. UPS went ahead on Saturday (note no Saturday delivery paid for) and brought it to our house because they were in the area. We actually get this a lot form UPS. If a package gets to their delivery site early enough, they bring it, no matter the service level, etc. FedEx has on many, many occasions actually held our packages at the local site for 1 or more days just because we didn’t pay for a faster service. Also the USPS from M* only takes 2 days for us. So long story, but please, please stop using FedEx smartpost.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

FINALLY got tracking info, though I had an email that my package shipped Friday afternoon. So, it says it will take another full WEEK to travel 150 miles southeast of KC. No more Fedex Smartpost for me! Thats just stupid.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Today my package went from 150 miles NW of me to 300 miles SE of me. Almost right past my doorstep. How cool is that?

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Ten days from order date to delivery at my post office!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Straight USPS does it in 3-5 days.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered the Daily Deal today and I already got a shipping notice. HOORAY!! Awww, but WAIT....shipping method, you guessed it! So, I wait...……...and wait...……….and wait.

But, important to note. I ordered from FQS on 11/23 and it shipped USPS. Still waiting on that one too.

Go figure!
    ~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.