Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default FedEx SMARTpost - NOT!

My SmartPost experience:
    Left Hamilton, MO 11/21
    Arrived Kent, WA. 11/23 (Not BAD!)
    Scheduled delivery Puyallup, WA. (approx. ONE HOUR from Kent, WA.) 11/27?!?!

***Insert inappropriate expletives here***
    ~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

2. Thanks SewMuchToDo, sewbizzy, Judy, USMC thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: FedEx SMARTpost - NOT!

Holding my breath.My last 2 orders were straight USPS and arrived in good time, so I ordered again yesterday, and you guessed it, Smartpost.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

sometimes i'm tempted to get a p.o. box in Kent, just for that reason. But having had to do alot of business in that p.o.office, I think it's quicker to wait the extra couple of days.

5. Thanks EnumclawGramma thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered 1 yard of wide backing fabric, it left Hamilton on the 19th, going thru Olathe, KS, Lebanon, TN, who knows where else and arrives at my door (south FL) on 11/28. (FEDEX SMART POST)
    Linda

7. Thanks auntstuff thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Yup. I suppose it depends where we live I got excited when I saw my order of Nov 14 shipped a few days later. Amazing. And then my order of Nov 16 shipped one day later. Wow! So far the 2nd package has skipped the queue. First to Elk Grove, then Chicago. I know that flights through Chicago are always delayed. Waiting for both of them to cross the border to Toronto, and then delivery. No estimated date as they could be held in customs for a day. I am expecting in time for xmas, if I'm lucky.

Package from Connecting Thread same time is almost here. Mostly delayed due to Canada post rotating strikes has caused a backlog of deliveries.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

The only thing Smart or Sure in those ways of sending packages is that it costs the company less (supposedly in shipping costs, but exactly how much has that cost M* is lost orders?) and irritates the heck out of people that have to wait an extra 4 or 5 days on their package.

I don't order near as much from them since my parcels take an average of 10 days to reach me.
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

10. Thanks SewMuchToDo, dwil23, chelea, shermur, auntstuff thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

You can also send a PM with the information on your delayed packages to Bill Nye on these boards. Let them know about the extra time that it takes for delivery. I sent him a recent PM regarding a delay with my order and received a prompt reply.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Fortunately I have several LQS near me with good selection. Once in a while I do order online, but not when in a hurry unless I have to.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EnumclawGramma View Post
    My SmartPost experience:
    Left Hamilton, MO 11/21
    Arrived Kent, WA. 11/23 (Not BAD!)
    Scheduled delivery Puyallup, WA. (approx. ONE HOUR from Kent, WA.) 11/27?!?!
    I think I was the first one to report this FedEx problem back on Nov 7th. I actually got it on the 14th (they projected the 16th,) I think over estimating may just be a ploy to make us think they got it to us early. But I did notice that once it got into the hands of the post office it got here quickly. It's that slow driving and delay in handing off to the Post Office that seemed to add an extra day or 2.

And I agree with you too, Karen. M*'s reputation is suffering. There is a definite division in what gets shipped in a timely manner via straight USPS (Example - daily deal in an envelope usually gets here quick.) It seems to be the boxes that are given to UPS and now FedEx that are crawling at a snail's pace.
    Last edited by Judy, USMC; November 24th, 2018 at 09:43 PM. Reason: corrected dates

14. Thanks chelea thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judy, USMC View Post
    I think I was the first one to report this FedEx problem back on Nov 7th. I actually got it on the 14th (they projected the 16th,) I think over estimating may just be a ploy to make us think they got it to us early. But I did notice that once it got into the hands of the post office it got here quickly. It's that delay in handing off to the Post Office that seemed to add an extra day or 2.

And I agree with you too, Karen. M*'s reputation is suffering. There is a definite division in what gets shipped in a timely manner via straight USPS (Example - daily deal in an envelope usually gets here quick.) It seems to be the boxes that are given to UPS and now FedEx that are crawling at a snail's pace.
    This last time, I ordered the daily deal, ONE charm pack. They shipped it Sure Post. Color me annoyed.