Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Default WiP Nov 23 - 30, 2018

Happy Thanksgiving to our US peeps, and hopefully a great weekend for everybody!

I'm well stuck in to packing. I have come to the conclusion that I have too many books LOL. I have taken a bit of time for crafting when I can't face another box. I got a big chunk of needlework done on one of my more detailed projects, some finishing done on a little stitched tray and knit a quick hat to match the refashioned cowl I mentioned last week.

On the quilting front, I have continued to resist the new Bonnie Hunter Mystery, because I still have a partially stitched one from last year's mystery. I saw so many color schemes on that one that I liked better than the 'given' colors, and I came to really not love my attempt.

I'll downsize it to a throw size, finish it and call it a lesson learned. I need to see the end project. If nothing else, it will be good FMQ practice on a piece I really don't care about.

Hopefully there's not a project like that in your UFO bin!

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WiP Nov 23 - 30, 2018

Almost done with this kit called Daydreams I bought from Ebay. No idea how old it is. I just have to finish piecing the top and middle sashing. I hope to improve my thread painting techniques on this one.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_4754.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	193.5 KB 
ID:	156100

I have a very ugly UFO called Pandemonium. It is a bargello made with plaids and polka dots. It is hideous beyond belief. I still can't figure out where I went so badly wrong on that one.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

4. Thanks Star lover, kimsophia, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Denise you always have the most interesting projects and beautiful saturated colors. You should have been an art teacher. Love this one! Thrdbnder, good call to make it a smaller project. When you just don't like something it is such a chore to work on it. I made a quilt for a gd 2 yrs ago let my dd pick the fabric. Oh how I hated that fabric, and I came to hate the quilt also. I couldnt wait to be done with it and get it out of my house. She liked it though.

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Denise, I have a beautiful Laura Burch panel I made a quilt top with, have wanted to do thread painting for YEARS...and still trying to figure out what to do. One day I will, but I find the .method hard to comprehend...so, about the Pandemonium....I think that because of your diligence and determination, you will figure out how to fix or adapt.
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Denise, Love those flowers! Were they panels or applique...? Really gorgeous...

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful, as always.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Denise, that will be a great piece to do thread painting on!

I have a project I'm making myself finish now that I don't really care for......but I have to because it is a gift.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

13. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kimsophia View Post
    Denise, Love those flowers! Were they panels or applique...? Really gorgeous...
    They are panels from a fabric line called Daydreams from Camelot Cottons. That should make it easier to do thread painting on as there are no seams. I have no idea how old this fabric line is.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

15. Thanks kimsophia thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I think my only accomplishment this week was to finish the buttonholes, and attach buttons to the purse I made at a class on Saturday.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	208.2 KB 
ID:	156191

DH makes all my quilt labels in his Pfaff. I attached a label to an advent calendar for my GF to her GGD Nyla. I will deliver it today as GGD lives across the street from us, and nana is currently escaping winter in Florida. I also attached the label for my GF Pat on the Queen size 3 dudes quilt which she picked up last night.

I have prioritized my next week list and will remain focussed. Haha, she said.

Postal service is back in Canada. So it was like early xmas. I got 2 packages from M*, one from CT and DH got a package he was expecting. Not bad, even with delay, we got them from US within 14-16 days. Not bad as it also goes through customs. So I have what I need to finish a few quilts. I will have to clean up sewing table where items are dropped. I hope to attach the binding on our xmas quilt.

I hope everyone has a productive week.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

17. Thanks Star lover, kimsophia thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Suzanne, I really like that scalloped outer pocket on that purse!

19. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post