Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now óoró

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Screwed up the back of my quilt

I'm late to the party, but I do this all the time. In some cases, I have even added a row of blocks horizontally or vertically to make everything fit.
    I'd take the big chalk OOPS! off though!
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

2. Thanks AlohaSandy, Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by toggpine View Post
    I'm late to the party, but I do this all the time. In some cases, I have even added a row of blocks horizontally or vertically to make everything fit.
    I'd take the big chalk OOPS! off though!
    Ok I’ll take oops off lol never done horizontal backing before lol
    Hawaiigrammi

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you are on the right track. Don't fret. Horizontal piecing of the back is rather common. Recently I was quilting a t shirt quilt for someone and got to the bottom of the quilt and noticed that my backing was too short (and yes it was on the longarm). To make it worse, it was directional fabric and I had no more. It already had a vertical seam, so I ended up with both vertical and horizontal seams in the backing. At least I was able to match the directional print so it wasn't noticeable. Good thing I had some extra time in the schedule! You are doing great.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KarenC View Post
    Sounds like you are on the right track. Don't fret. Horizontal piecing of the back is rather common. Recently I was quilting a t shirt quilt for someone and got to the bottom of the quilt and noticed that my backing was too short (and yes it was on the longarm). To make it worse, it was directional fabric and I had no more. It already had a vertical seam, so I ended up with both vertical and horizontal seams in the backing. At least I was able to match the directional print so it wasn't noticeable. Good thing I had some extra time in the schedule! You are doing great.
    Wow sounds like you really had a huge issue lol glad to hear you fixed your problem. Thanks for the boost.
    Hawaiigrammi