• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • surfergirl
    The Guild President
    • Nov 2015

what is happening with the shipping

I ordered a daily deal layer cake about Nov 9, M* said shipped out on the 10th. It went to another town in Kansas, then to Texas and Arizona on the 13th. Tracked it with FedEx and they say I will receive it on ""DECEMBER 6TH" WHAT!!!! Maybe M* should choose a different shipper.

By the time it gets here I will wonder why I ordered it and for what quilt was I going to make with it. Anyone else having a problem with shipping. When I order from Connecting Threads I get it within one week. And yes I live in Hawaii.
  • Rhonda K
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2017

Re: what is happening with the shipping

Please contact MSQC directly to let them know the order status and shipping info. I sent a PM to Bill Nye to report the tracking information and delay. He sent me a prompt response.

One of my last two orders placed in November are taking a couple of extra days to arrive also. The issue is on the shippers end as the orders were processed promptly.
    Just one more stitch...

Comment

• Suzette
      Missouri Star
      • Oct 2012

That is unacceptable. I would call the carrier and talk with them. This is their issue and it needs taken up with them. All the best!
      Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
        Missouri Star
        • Aug 2015

Whoa! And I thought this was only happening to shipments to Canada. I have to say my last M* order took a week to process, and then it went around, but I got it just shy of 3 weeks.

I was optimistic, as I placed an order on Nov 12 and it shipped 2 days after. I got excited, except that I realized yesterday that the one fabric I wanted for a backing must have dropped in quantity when I went back to add the bendable light. Since I see the collection dwindling, I didn't want to take a chance. Yesterday, I called customer service and I did order more yardage from the same collection, but the back will be pieced. They did give me $5 in Quilter's cash, which will offset the shipping cost on next order.

I don't expect to receive this order soon. Once it arrives in Canada, it only takes 2-3 days to clear customs and be delivered. The latest lconcern may be the rotating strike by Canada's postal service. Hopefully I will receive by Christmas.

Orders placed with Connecting Threads take about 7-10 days max. I also placed an order this week, so I know I will get it soon.

Call customer service, they will make it right.
        Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• auntstuff
          Missouri Star
          • Nov 2017

Originally posted by Suzette View Post
          That is unacceptable. I would call the carrier and talk with them. This is their issue and it needs taken up with them. All the best!
          Tried that. Not at ALL helpful. This is something M will have to handle.
          She who dies with the most quilts is......
          Still dead.
          What's your hurry?

Comment

• grammaterry
            Missouri Star
            • Dec 2015

I ordered 3 yds of stabilizer a few days ago (maybe a week) and it was processed and shipped right a way. However, the fed ex tracking doesn't work and I wonder how long it will take. I'll let you know. I've been quite pleased lately at the speed but, that was before fed ex started shipping. hummm….
            success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
            Terry of NC

Comment

• Carolyn
              The Guild President
              • Jul 2013

Dear old FedEx & their other half, SurePost! Whenever I see something has been shipped via them I start calling whoever I ordered from asking for tracking info. I also let them know how dissatisfied I am that they chose that shipping method. We have had packages thrown over the gate, set outside the gate(and those disappeared!) we can’t open the gate ahead of time if we don’t know they are coming. After one incident, must like yours, a package finally arrived. Almost a week later I get an email stating the package could not be delivered do to an incorrect address. I called the number provided and asked them if that meant they would be coming to pick up the item to send it back? He didn’t think that was funny, I did.
              sigpic

Comment

• sydneybean
                The Guild President
                • Feb 2010

I have had FedEx packages dawdle around the St Louis metro area for a week before getting to me. From Earth City to St Louis to E St Louis to Belleville distributing centers. It is infuriating.

I never have this problem with MSQC orders.
                So. Illinois just south of St Louis County

Comment

• Suzette
                  Missouri Star
                  • Oct 2012

Originally posted by auntstuff View Post
                  Tried that. Not at ALL helpful. This is something M will have to handle.
                  I don't know what MSQC can do, they are not the one's who are screwing up. They did their job and got it into the hands of the deliver company in a timely manner. But I am sorry this happened to you and I hope you get your merchandise soon.
                  Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

• grammaterry
                    Missouri Star
                    • Dec 2015

My order was shipped Monday and arrived today. Fairly good service if you ask me.
                    success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
                    Terry of NC

Comment

• auntstuff
                      Missouri Star
                      • Nov 2017

Originally posted by Suzette View Post
                      I don't know what MSQC can do, they are not the one's who are screwing up. They did their job and got it into the hands of the deliver company in a timely manner. But I am sorry this happened to you and I hope you get your merchandise soon.
                      They are the originator of the shipment, the customer, if you will. We on the other end only see the USPS part of it, and don't actually deal with Fed-Ex
                      Still dead.
                      What's your hurry?

Comment

• auntstuff
                        Missouri Star
                        • Nov 2017

Originally posted by grammaterry View Post
                        My order was shipped Monday and arrived today. Fairly good service if you ask me.
                        So did my last 2, but they were straight up USPS. Was yours?
                        Still dead.
                        What's your hurry?

Comment

• SallyO'Sews
                          Missouri Star
                          • Nov 2012

My 9-to-5 job involves, among other things, filing claims with carriers such as UPS and FedEx. When your package ships, you should be able to track it online. If it seems to get "stuck" somewhere, you need to call 1-800-GOFEDEX and ask them where it is. You'll need the tracking number, and you'll need a LOT of patience in order to speak to a real human. The phone tree is horrendously frustrating, but hang in there, and do not hang up. Try saying "Rep" repeatedly, or "I need to speak with an agent." It can take you 20 minutes just to get to a live representative, but they may be able to answer your question. You might want to write down what the fabric was for, so when it finally gets to you it won't add to your frustration. Sorry I can't be more optimistic, and hope your order arrives sooner than later!

Comment

• swietsto
                            Prairie Pointer
                            • Mar 2017

Whoo hoo!! First time in ages that an order placed with M* -- with 6 yardage cuts no less -- was processed and shipped within 24 hours. So hopeful...

Then I looked up the shipping this morning and it will take 8 days (now with a holiday thrown in there as well) before it is scheduled to arrive in South Bend.

Not surprising though -- it now takes 4 days or more for a letter to go 1 mile in town by USPS -- and they wonder why they're losing money.

Comment

• Judy, USMC
                              Missouri Star
                              • May 2013

Originally posted by swietsto View Post
                              Whoo hoo!! First time in ages that an order placed with M* -- with 6 yardage cuts no less -- was processed and shipped within 24 hours. So hopeful...
                              Do you know which carrier got it from M*? FedEx was horribly slow for me but once it got into USPS system it went smoothly & quickly. Hopeful for you too.

Comment

Working...
                              X