Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: My Greatest Craft Fair Yet (pic heavy)

Congratulations, Marilyn, on your successful craft fair!! I have often thought about trying to do one, but was never sure where to start or if I would be able to make everything for it --- among other concerns. But you did a great job. Your items were beautiful!!! And your granddaughter is beautiful, too!!

Nancy

Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Carol336 View Post
    Wow Marilyn that is great. That awesome display no doubt drew the crowd in. And I can't even find enough words to describe your items - FANTASTIC!!!!! When is your next show.

I'm doing 2 shows this year too - the first one being the Satruday after Thanksgiving and the next one a week later. Can you tell me if there was anything that just jumped off the shelf. I have totes, bowl cozies, chirstmas stockings, table runners, key fobs, microwave potato bags....well you get the idea. I just keep thinking I need that one thing that everyone is going to want - I just can't figure out what that is!!!!
    My biggest seller is always bowl cozies. That being said some people think I price them to low, but that is what the market here pays for them. (believe me, I am making a good profit on them) Price point is always a big thing. The most expensive things I sell are $20...but the majority is under $10...with several items from $1 to $5. My philosophy when selling is, I would rather sell more for less, than less for more. I think that is why I did do so well at this show. It is easier for a shopper to impulse buy less expensive items. For instance, I had 3 Hershey nuggets, wrapped and stacked to look like characters in a cello bag that I sold for $1..I sold out of the almost 100 I had Sat. I also almost sold out of bowl cozies on Sat. I sold the rest on Sun. and I started with 72. Best advice is make your booth inviting....and use levels. Don't have stuff laying flat on tables unless you have something on a surface that is higher above it. Have fun, and don't stress. Wishing you the best of luck.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by auntiemern View Post
    My biggest seller is always bowl cozies. That being said some people think I price them to low, but that is what the market here pays for them. (believe me, I am making a good profit on them) Price point is always a big thing. The most expensive things I sell are $20...but the majority is under $10...with several items from $1 to $5. My philosophy when selling is, I would rather sell more for less, than less for more. I think that is why I did do so well at this show. It is easier for a shopper to impulse buy less expensive items. For instance, I had 3 Hershey nuggets, wrapped and stacked to look like characters in a cello bag that I sold for $1..I sold out of the almost 100 I had Sat. I also almost sold out of bowl cozies on Sat. I sold the rest on Sun. and I started with 72. Best advice is make your booth inviting....and use levels. Don't have stuff laying flat on tables unless you have something on a surface that is higher above it. Have fun, and don't stress. Wishing you the best of luck.
    Yes I took particular notice of all the great layers in your booth....it's got my brain reeling with ideas. DH made me a large fold out rack that I use to hang totes and stuff (table runners etc).

4. Thanks auntiemern thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Your post made me smile, bless your little GD's heart for being such a big help.I am so happy for you that your sale was such a success. But Holy cow it would take me a year to make so much stuff! Congratulations!

6. Thanks auntiemern thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations Marilyn. You had a wonderful display with great items and the display was eye catching. Glad you were rewarded for all your hard work!

8. Thanks auntiemern thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I can sure see why you had a great craft fair. Your items are outstanding and your display is very appealing
    Quote Originally Posted by auntiemern View Post
    This past week end was my first of the 2 craft fairs I am doing this season. My sister usually does them with me, but she is going through some personal issues right now, and was unable to attend.
    But as many of you know, I have amazing grand kids, and Mackenzie (11) jumped right in there to help out her Granny. DH loaded me up, picked up the other 2 kids and met me there to unload and help set me up. That was Friday evening. The show started Saturday at 9...and we did not even have a lull in the action until after 1 PM. Mackenzie was a huge help, and work her little bottom off. She was even doing the card reader, and counting back change to customers.

Everything in the following pics were made by me...yeah I stay busy, lol. Once we had a chance to count our earnings...we were dumbfounded with just how much we had sold. It was by far the busiest show I have ever done, and the most profitable.

10. Thanks auntiemern thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on great sales. A great set up does make it look professional. Good job.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

12. Thanks auntiemern thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Wow awesome. Good to hear of the success of the fair. I know I love going to them. And oh my you have been a super busy lady. Congrats.
    Karen
    Life is short - live it up while you can

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

A great looking display you had there, and such cute items! I know the variety must have drawn so many sales to you. Glad it was a good show for you. Obviously, lots of hard work there.