Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What are y'all sewing up for Christmas gifts?

Well, I have been sewing everyday making things for the craft fair I'll be doing the beginning of December. So far I've made a storytime pillow, 7 charm pack wreaths, 4 stitch n fold wreaths, 12 large lace snowflakes, 8 lace angels, 1 table topper, 4 table runners, 17 wristlet key fobs, 5 owl zipper purses, 1 lap quilt, 2 old world Santas, 20 packages of chocolates, and 12 each of two types of Hershey kiss treat bags. What doesn't sell now becomes this year's Christmas gifts.
    Last edited by Cathy F; November 9th, 2018 at 03:58 PM.
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

No Christmas sewing presents this year. A few years ago I made 5 queen size quilts for nieces & nephew. Started them in August. Decided not to do THAT again.

Gina

3. Thanks Star lover, 201 Treadler, MSN, chelea thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Like Chelea, I am up to my neck in projects but far less concerned about them not being completed this year. Grandson is off to college and I have given up trying to keep the house spotless. It's basically clean, good enough. That being said, I have much more time for quilting this year. These are my projects.

Handbag, with wallet & a lap quilt made from a panel for my best friend.
    Three small bags for her daughters
    .Large tote, wallet and a xmas lap quilt for my favorite SIL
    Larger xmas quilt for B&SIL
    One of the lighted tree panels for another SIL
    Rag quilt for my dear neighbor.
    All handbags and wallets are done, quilt tops are done, tree panel is done except for the lights. Rag quilt will be finished today! I believe I will have all completed and mailed by Dec. 10. That's my plan. Grandson comes home for the holidays Dec.11.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Well all the best laid plans and intentions have gone out the window this year. I had planned to make each grandchild (6) a xmas quilt. I have one done, actually I finished it last January. Another grandchild just had a birthday and she got a winter quilt. The fabric for the 4 other ones was nought early, but I have not started any and might not. Not going to stress about making them this year.

I have made 8 advent calendars, xmas stockings, xmas tea towels, and baby gift items -- all for sale at a craft show next week. Whatever doesn't sell may become gifts during the year. I have rented a long arm on Nov 21 to quilt our xmas king size quilt - Quatrefoil pattern. Others may get quilts if they are finished. I like the idea of doing a bed turning of tops and quilts and letting people choose. It is so difficult to figure out people's tastes. I give up there.

It's fun to see what others are working on.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

6. Thanks Star lover, 201 Treadler, chelea thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Cathy, I knew you were making items for the craft fair but your total of items is staggering and several of them are gorgeous large items. I will be doing very little for anyone for Christmas. I love to try to make at least a little something for everyone on the forum but it can't happen this year. I hope to have an item or two to raffle off here like last year but this remains to be seen.

Wishing everyone good luck with finishing their Christmas items...every minute of it!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I am making scrappy mug rugs for our sewing group. One lady in our group brought a bag of scrap pieces from a few of her projects to give away. All the fabrics looked pretty together and I hated to see them go to waste. So I brought them home and started sewing. They just need binding now. I also need to finish a table runner for a secret pal gift. Other than that I’m not stressing with last minutes things............................................ .........like I did last year.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I made a Christmas quilt, table runners with matching placemats and an advent calendar for DD for her birthday and a large lap quilt for DH for his birthday so I won't be making anything else for Christmas gifts. Having said that, I could make a bowl cozy for DD, DSIL and DGS, mmm will have a think about that.

I do have 2 Christmas quilts to finish but they're for me!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I am making no Christmas presents. I have several baby quilts to make for the new babies coming at my church. We just had a baby shower for 4 moms. I think there are at least 4 more new babies coming up in the Jan. to Mar. time frame. The next baby shower will be mid-Jan.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have a bear paw quilt I want to have finished before Christmas to send to our son in CA. I have not made a quilt for him in YEARS!!! I have 16 12 1/2 inch bear paw blocks and all of the sashing for each one from a swap I did on another Forum. They are lovely and all I have to do is put them into a top, sandwich and quilt, bind and send to him for Christmas. I bought the fabric I need for the backing already. Other than that I'd love to make a few more bowl cozies for gifts. That's it. I don't even know if we will be home for Christmas. Our kids and their families are so busy, as they should be with their own activities, and we may take our 5th wheel and be away from home for a while.
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, thanks for the reminder. I didn't think I was going to make anything but this thread reminded me I have to make a stocking for our three month old grandson. Looks like that's the only Christmas sewing I will be doing.
    Robin
    My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/