Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default What are y'all sewing up for Christmas gifts?

At this point in time in years past, I would be up to my neck in projects needing to be finished for Christmas gifts. The worse one was the time I decided to make 4 rag quilts for the kids and of course it took right up to the last minute.
    This year I'm making a tree skirt for our tree. That's it. Oh, and some bandanas for the new puppy.
    What are you all sewing for gifts (or Christmas projects for you) this year? Inquiring minds want to know.

Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What are y'all sewing up for Christmas gifts?

This should be a fun thread! I love seeing what everyone is making.

For me......
    Just placemats and table toppers inspired by this video.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B7TCRtjfpjc

Pretty busy with not finished quilts. Just not as gifts......yet.

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

I have had fabric for 2 years to sew some new ornaments, stockings, etc. So far I don't think it will happen this year either. I am sewing new infant grandbabies toy blankets and filling it with some toys. Maybe some hand crafted ones with their initials on them. Their parents buy everything they need and don't want a lot of toys. So this will be useful and fun for all of them. I think it is actually called a swoop bag. I am also going to try my hand at some embroidered towels and quicker type things. Grown kids will get gift cards I think since they all have different needs but do not want to 'stuff'.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have made my grands a couple of elves from a panel and plan on an Advent calendar, also from a panel.
    I just ordered a couple of "ornament" panels this morning along with the daily deal.
    I have made 8 placemats that are Thanksgiving on one side and Christmas on the other, they are sewn, turned and edge stitched but I need to add some more quilting to meet the 3-4" apart the batting requires. Oh! and I have a fall quilt being fmq to put on the guest bed.

I need to go get busy.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

This idea may not turn out as I hope it will, but I am making doll clothes (again) for a "My Life" doll. My idea is to buy a new doll and give it to a charity looking for girl gifts. I am wanting the doll and the clothes and accessories I made to stay together. I will put them in a see-through box attached firmly to the doll box.
    Sadly for me, my grand daughters are outgrowing their dolls, so I have to look elsewhere to feed my addiction, lol!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I made bowl cozies this year, lol, a whole layer cakes worth since the son's inlaws will all be in town this Christmas.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

With snow on the ground, I guess it's starting to look a lot like Christmas!

I've made my DIL's table runners with Placemats.....for them to open. Cause the real gift will be a quilt. I'm wrapping 2 identical packages each with a number inside. 1 & 2. Who ever opens #1 gets the first pick. I'm gonna have a bed turning with all finished quilts and tops. They get their pick. If it's a finished one.....merry Christmas. If it's a top, it's the next one quilted. I hand quilt. And repeat with who ever gets #2. I've given up trying to figure tastes. So I make what I like and they can choose.

For the grands, I'm making snap bags and scrunchies and some other things and they will also get something not homemade.

Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

My sister-in-law has me making Christmas stockings for her son-in-law and daughter-in-law, table runners for her, her daughter, her daughter-in-law, and her friend, and I have a baby quilt to make for her daughter-in-law's shower December 2nd. I also have 2 stockings to make for my friend's husband and their dog, finishing up a table runner for my neighbor and my sister-in-law just asked if I could add a tote bag for her daughter-in-law; I am stressing just typing this! I also have to make an appointment to rent the longarm to finish my granddaughter's quilt. I don't see me getting all this done by Christmas
    Donna

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Well I got early jump on making the no-sew fabric Christmas ornaments and they will go for gifts along with pot holders not necessarily Christmas theme. Also made a few table runners, they are always appreciated. Now working on stockings for the grandchildren, etc. So I'm happy to say I started very early. I'm not doing as much this year as previous years. Just darn tired
    Linda

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Two of my friends lost their dogs late this year. I have Spoonflower putting two of the pictures I sent into fabric and I'll make a pillow for each for Christmas. I'll be making some of the folding storage cases for two of my friends and my sister . This is like the one Scooter gave me for Christmas last year that I just love and is so handy! I haven't decided what my other friend will get yet but maybe the same thing. I try to use themed fabric based on things I know they like. Each year for my other neighbor I have her get a little extra length on her fresh Christmas tree, I have the frames and Christmas decorations and I make her a large 36" or larger wreath for her door. I also have to get started on a t-shirt Memory Quilt which needs to be done by Christmas. It's the first time I've made one of those so I'm still gathering the things I need for that.

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique