Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Happy Thursday!!

Good morning friends. Not much happening today. It is a work day BUT I am taking my tablet with me as yesterday was a very slow day. I hate having nothing to do.

I think I am all packed for retreat. I guess as ready as I will be. All that is left is the bread machine and the ingredients.

Have a great day everyone.

Prayers going out to all the people affected by the shooting in California. So so terribly sad.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Happy Thursday!!

Morning Everyone,

We are supposed to get our first snow of the year later today. I can't wait to see the pups' reactions. Dottie loves snow and I suspect the little girls will, too.

Talk about a sigh of relief. I had three biopsies done last week and got a good report back on all three yesterday. I think Jeff is more relieve than I am.

Be sure to watch the tutorial Annika posted today. Such a beautiful little quilt and there is a free PDF. I love the French influence but you could take it in several directions. French General fabrics are my absolute favorites, followed by Three Sisters and Grunge. French General red is my favorite red of all time. It pairs so well with brown and cream.

I guess I will get on with my day. Wishing everyone a great one....

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all!

Oh Monique, I haven't had the news on and hadn't heard of the California shoootng.....just checked......how sad. We sure live in an insane world. My heart and prayers go out to all the families and friends affected by this tragedy.

Hoping you have a good day at work...and happy you're ready for the retreat!

Have a jam packed day today. Gotta go betvfenew tabs for the vehicles....Last time I went, it was a 4 hour wait. Gonna be there when they open, hoping to get through it faster. Then onto a bunch of errands, clean house and oh my, the yard. Soooooo much cleaning up. Sooooo many leaves! Rain coming in, starting tomorrow, followed by s.....just can't say it yet.....the dreaded white stuff......so today's the day.

Have a wonderful day all.....love and hugs!

Barb, just read your post. Praising the Lord, your biopsies came back good! Yeah!
    Last edited by Star lover; November 8th, 2018 at 09:45 AM.
    Anita

4. Thanks Monique, Carolnnc, baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning friends.

Barb, I'm so happy that you got a good report from the doctor! I know you both are breathing easier now.

If you can share some pictures of the pups in the snow. I know it's hard to take pictures of a moving target.

Monique, I hope you have fun on your retreat.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

6. Thanks Monique, baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pcbatiks View Post
    Good morning friends.

Barb, I'm so happy that you got a good report from the doctor! I know you both are breathing easier now.

If you can share some pictures of the pups in the snow. I know it's hard to take pictures of a moving target.

Monique, I hope you have fun on your retreat.
    ...and white pups in white snow! I will try, Pam.

8. Thanks Monique, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
    ...and white pups in white snow! I will try, Pam.
    You could just take a picture of the snow and just tell us the pups are there! We would only see Dottie!
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

10. Thanks Monique, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning ladies,

It's a beautiful sunny, crisp day. I hear that we may get a bit of snow on the weekend, and so far not much planned. I have been sewing a bit every day in preparation for the upcoming craft show.

Monique, have fun at your retreat.

Yesterday, I met with my mom's doctor and principal caregiver to address issues with her care. We all agree the difficulty is that she keeps refusing assistance with bathing, getting dressed and night checks. We have developed a strategy and so far my mom said she would try this. The issue is she gets up at 5-6 am and dressed herself. Unfortunately, she puts on the same clothes as previous day. Hygiene is an issue as she is in continent. . We are all at wits end as she gets infections because she refuses assistance. They will increase her anti-psychotic meds as she is demonstrating extreme anxiety, and has been screaming at many people including me. I walk away and a day later she will call to apologize. She knows if she alienates me, that's it. No one else will go see her. Sad as she is in a very good facility with loads of activities, but she has given up and doesn't want to go to anything.

There is a huge garage sale at mom's residence. I picked up some fabulous kids costume for dress up chest. These were all beautiful handmade costumes for either dance or skating shoes. Fabric is all beautiful lycras, plumes and beading. $3 each. A real bargain. I know the kids will enjoy. I also picked up another booster seat for table. These stack up and I now have 5. Yeah. Enough for all kiddos. I will go around today again as I had to do a 3rd laundry of mom's clothing this week. If this continues, I may stop doing laundry and let them do it.

Praying for the families and victims of last night's California shootings. Whether the shooter was mentally ill or it was otherwise motivated, we all need to be accepting and respectful of other people. We may not share the same race, culture, religion, sexual orientation, lifestyle or political choices as other people but I believe it is our responsibility, even our duty, as members of the human race to educate ourselves about different perspectives. The world would be a better place.

Enjoy your day. Be safe. Be warm.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

12. Thanks Monique, chelea, Star lover, Carolnnc, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all,

Have fun at your retreat Monique! I've decided to bow out of the retreat I was supposed to be on starting today. I will miss my sister and friends for sure but just wasn't feeling 100% to be so far from home. So I will have my private retreat upstairs as I have most of the things prepped and ready to sew.

Barb, as pretty as the snow looks I don't want to see any this early in the season. I'm sure the pups will be thrilled to play in it though.

Sun is shining looks to be a nice day out there. Bluejays have had their peanuts and are looking for more. I love to watch them, they are certainly entertaining and very vocal asking for more!

Well, my coffee is finished time to get busy. I plan on making three fold n stitch wreaths today, and two more owl purses. Hopefully it will all go smoothly.

Wishing everyone a good day!
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. Our pug was able to come home yesterday afternoon. I have to administer 5 eye drops and an antibiotic. This is a full time job. It will be sunny and 54 degrees today. More rain tomorrow. I have PT this am. I hope to get some sewing done today while the mobile groomer is here this afternoon. We should have a home cooked meal tonight. I have been so busy with the pug we have had take out for a couple nights.
    Have a good and productive day.
    Beth

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Not sure how much time I'll have to be on here in the next few days. DS comes tonight. I got his bed unloaded last night. The first loaf of DH's spelt bread is in the bread maker. I have some last min. vac'g to do. Whatever gets done is it; I'm not going to wear myself out.

This a.m. it's cloudy, frost, & 31 deg. Slight chance of snow tonight. The mts. have been getting good amounts of snow; 3 more ski areas opened. The snow in the mts. is good; it's next summer's water supply. Last winter there were drought conditions in part of the state. Yest. was sunny, but it got up to only 45 deg. The chilly weather is here.

No more time this a.m.