Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Happy Thursday!!

Quote Originally Posted by baslp View Post
    Good morning. Our pug was able to come home yesterday afternoon. I have to administer 5 eye drops and an antibiotic. This is a full time job. It will be sunny and 54 degrees today. More rain tomorrow. I have PT this am. I hope to get some sewing done today while the mobile groomer is here this afternoon. We should have a home cooked meal tonight. I have been so busy with the pug we have had take out for a couple nights.
    Have a good and productive day.
    Beth
    Beth...Glad your pup got to come home. I understand how much work it takes doctoring our pups...but it's a labor of love!

2. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so glad you got a good report, Barb.
    Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

4. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

We left just in time! Our corner of Kansas is supposed to get the same system as Bubby. We are headed to daughter's in Texas for a week then on to Arizona. Will just get there and get everything set up and it will be time to fly to upper NY for Thanksgiving at the other daughter's.
    When we get back I will finally get to unpack the embroidery part of my new sewing machine. Terry, I may be calling on you for help since you have the same machine.

Oh, have to tell you the funny. We spent last night in the parking lot of the Elks in Rogers, Arkansas. Just about dark I took Napoleon, our 18 pound Schnauzer mix, Outside. Since there wasn't anyone around I didn't put him on his leash. We were being quiet and I looked over my shoulder to see a lovely deer buck come around the corner of the trailer. Just about the time I saw it so did the dog, He took off running as hard as he could while the buck lazily hopped across the grass. Napoleon was convinced he was going to eat that deer but the deer knew better.
    This is the first animal the dog has ever chased that wasn't running first. Squirrels and cats don't interest him till they take off.
    Anyway, pray that all the idiots stay out of our way today and have a good day. Laura
    ATTITUDE IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ORDEAL AND AN ADVENTURE

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It's still morning... I made it!

Yesterday the plan was J and E were going to the home school co-op. I forgot Zeke was coming here, just thought J would be here after lunch for my part of home school. Anyway, I slept in to be awakened by the phone shortly after 7. I'm bringing J now. Talk about hustling. Morgan didn't get to sleep yesterday with the ER drill. Who didn't get called- ME. Nana knew last night about the change in plans. I know exactly why Jim didn't get out of the truck this morning, and it didn't have anything to do with running late!

Home school went well, though. J worked hard and we accomplished so much! I was proud of him.

Today, I guess I'll bring the small cutting board and rotary cutter in here. The jelly roll I bought for the ribbon quilt isn't 2.5" wide. So my corners are all wonky. I'll trim them to be square and maybe I can salvage this before it drives me totally nuts. I wrote Michael Miller last night, in the heat of my frustration. I read the note to Mike, he said I wasn't snarky and limited it to the frustration and disappointment.

Mike is stir crazy, so I guess we'll go out for a bit. I need a few items for next weeks experiments with J, so I'll get that taken care of today.

Maybe a nap is in order for this afternoon!

Prayers for those in need and thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Barb, glad to hear the great results. I know first hand how nerve racking waiting can be.

Hubby will be going hunting this weekend, his first of the season. I'll be playing, I mean, sewing & hoping to get my chaos cleaned up.

Gina

8. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Back again ~ I have a few min. before the news comes on. Also taking a break from the house cleaning. I've done all the vac'g & dusting I'm going to do. Some things will remain undone. DS is on board his plane in DFW; his flight is on time. I probably won't see him till close to 9 p.m. by the time he rides the shuttle to the car lot, gets his rental car, & drives home.

The main thing I need to do yet is clear the kitchen table, move DH's basket of meds & papers to make room for 3 place settings. If I feel ambitious, I might make that red lentil soup recipe that was posted here a few days ago. I printed off the recipe; I have all the ingred. on hand.

Well, it's news time. I'm sure looking forward to seeing my son; it's been 2 yrs.

10. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JCY View Post
    Back again ~ I have a few min. before the news comes on. Also taking a break from the house cleaning. I've done all the vac'g & dusting I'm going to do. Some things will remain undone. DS is on board his plane in DFW; his flight is on time. I probably won't see him till close to 9 p.m. by the time he rides the shuttle to the car lot, gets his rental car, & drives home.

The main thing I need to do yet is clear the kitchen table, move DH's basket of meds & papers to make room for 3 place settings. If I feel ambitious, I might make that red lentil soup recipe that was posted here a few days ago. I printed off the recipe; I have all the ingred. on hand.

Well, it's news time. I'm sure looking forward to seeing my son; it's been 2 yrs.
    Joy - enjoy your visit with your son. It's well overdue for some catching up. I'm certain he's not coming to check on dust bunnies. Have fun.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

12. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I am really late today. Joy enjoy your visit with your son.

Today was the first full day at Houston quilt festival. I've been there since Tuesday afternoon now working. Setup went very smooth and sales have been brisk since last night. I did have a few friends stop by our booth today. Even got to speak to Jenny and Misty when they came by our booth to look at a quilt that the shop owner designed. Tomorrow, I actually get some time off in the morning to go look at the quilts.

14. Thanks Claire Hallman, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

DS still isn't here. His plane arrived 15 min. early, but at 8:30, he still was in a slow moving line at the car rental place. It's going to be a late night. I went ahead & took a bath & got into my PJ's.

16. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post