Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I feel like a 5 year old on Christmas Eve,

Quote Originally Posted by Carlie Wolf View Post
    Yes for a couple of years. I didn't post much last year. Nice people and I found it informative particularly when I first started. I can't remember if it's under Kathy Quilts or Blockrockit.

Did you purchase a Towa bobbin gauge also? They are extremely handy for the tensioning and would save you tons of time adjusting bobbin tensions. They are around $50 but well worth the price. Don't bother with a top tension Towa though, it's really not necessary.
    I did, Bubba pointed them out to me at the quilt show. I also got extra bobbins, needles, the laser/stylus, rear handles, the two different sets of hopping feet, and an extra thingy thing the bobbin goes into (can't remember what it's called LOL). About the only thing I didn't get it the robotics software, maybe in a year or two.

2. Thanks Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I am so happy for you!! Still shopping around. Hoping I can get one for Christmas.

Gina

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

The robotics kind of scared me too and if I didn'tlike it, it would be a pricey mistake! I did spring for the groovy boards though. I did get the lasic for pantograms (sp?) but haven't used it yet nor the ruler base. I think I'm happy just doing the basics and frankly the piecing is what I enjoy the most. The bobbin thingy? Extra bobbin case?

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so glad it arrived, safe and sound. Show us when you have time and we'll all jump up and down with you.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

GeeGee, I hope Santa is good to you too!

Carly, yes the "bobbin case" (brain fog on my part )

Will begin setting up the frame tonight after work, so hopefully by Sunday I'll have pictures....wish me luck!

7. Thanks Claire Hallman, Carlie Wolf, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

All the luck being sent your way. Bet work takes forever today, waiting until you get home. Do you have the pizza delivery # handy? You won't want to cook for sure tonight. Have fun and congratulations.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I too am awaiting my longarm and frame to be delivered and set up by their people......as my anticipation grows, so do my dreams of fmq with the machine doing the work, not my shoulders......but the machine! YAY!
    Blogging ahead.....research in quilting and sewing with a dab of cooking/recipes too.

https://myquiltprojects.wordpress.com/

https://thecookbookproject.wordpress.com/

10. Thanks Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Deegles, Congrats on your new machine, too. It sure is hard to just sit and wait for them to come. You do have some tops done, so you can "play" as soon as it is set up, don't you?? Have fun.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have 10 tops waiting and I am in the mode of not wanting to start another until I can get these done!
    Blogging ahead.....research in quilting and sewing with a dab of cooking/recipes too.

https://myquiltprojects.wordpress.com/

https://thecookbookproject.wordpress.com/

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Deegles, I'm so happy for you. Wish I had someone else to set up the machine and frame - wise move on your part.

The frame went together pretty easy, took about 4 hours, but I did it by myself (to impatient to wait for Hubby's help) so I'm pretty proud of myself. But boy am I having problems with installing the encoders for the stitch regulator. Have to wait till Monday to call customer support and then I will probably have to wait for replacement encoders - I stripped out a really tiny important screw, can't get it in all the way, and can't get it out either, and of course while they sent spare parts for other things, not this screw.

I have you beat on the tops ready to be quilted, I'm up to 13 right now, so once I get everything up and running, I'll be ready for lots of paying with the machine.

Hope yours comes together and you are up and running quicker than I have been!