Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Ironing Board....How tall or what do you have?

I have one of these,
    perhaps m* sell them?
    https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...g-area-12-x-18

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dritz-Omnig...tting+pressing
    its my only iron surface and is placed on the flip of the treadle.
    Last edited by 201 Treadler; November 11th, 2018 at 09:03 PM. Reason: added m* link

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

mine isn't ideal...its a wall mount, fold down...too short but a good height. I'd go for a larger ironing surface if I had my druthers.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to this thread I finally re-made my ironing board. My old one has warped sooooo badly, probably because I just used an old towel as the padding.

I got a 24x48" piece if 1/2 plywood (I had a sheet ripped down for something else & this was leftover, I wish I'd just gone back & gotten a 3/4" piece just in case being too thin contributed to the warping). I used a coupon to get 2 yards of the ironing board fabric at Joann. I covered it with a layer of insulbrite then a double layer of warm & white cotton batting. I ironed on it tonight & it was heaven.

4. Thanks Magicquilts, Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Magicquilts View Post
    second one is what I use for a computer table. I have a 30"x48" for cutting table and just put my little ironing pad on there most days.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AMG View Post
    Thanks to this thread I finally re-made my ironing board. My old one has warped sooooo badly, probably because I just used an old towel as the padding.

I got a 24x48" piece if 1/2 plywood (I had a sheet ripped down for something else & this was leftover, I wish I'd just gone back & gotten a 3/4" piece just in case being too thin contributed to the warping). I used a coupon to get 2 yards of the ironing board fabric at Joann. I covered it with a layer of insulbrite then a double layer of warm & white cotton batting. I ironed on it tonight & it was heaven.
    You should be fine with the 1/2 inch plywood. My board 24x 24 is only the 1/4 inch plywood. No warping yet. I love using these boards. Easy to recover if needed.