Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Hey ya'll from Mississippi

Mark, I am so sorry about your Mom's passing. Grief takes many forms, two steps forward, one step back, some days you will be up, some days down. That is normal. Your sewing mojo will come back.

Beginning Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caroline T. View Post
    Mark, thank you for the gentle and respectful reminder to me that not all share the same beliefs, and that we should always respect another persons Faith. I hope you will accept my apology if I offended you in any way, I am truly sorry.

I'm glad you came back to the forum to reach out to others. While we aren't "physically" near you, please know that many of us are still here for you.
    Hugz, or handshake, either way.
    Thank you Caroline

Beginning Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jjkaiser View Post
    Mark, I am so sorry about your Mom's passing. Grief takes many forms, two steps forward, one step back, some days you will be up, some days down. That is normal. Your sewing mojo will come back.
    Thank you. Appreciated.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Mark, I saw the title of your post and hopped onto this thread to say hello and welcome to the forum. After reading all the way through, I'd like to also offer condolences on the passing of your mother. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Regarding your "warning" here on the forum, I hope it will make you feel better to know that K.McEuen has been appointed as a moderator of the forum by the Missouri Star Company. In other words, it's her (unpaid) job to make sure we're all sticking to the M* Forum guidelines. I can only begin to imagine what it felt like to think that just a regular old run of the mill poster had pointed out one of the rules. Karen has had to let me know when I've tiptoed over the line, but I knew that was her job. You didn't have that advantage.

I think you might find that you enjoy attending some local quilt guild meetings. You'll meet women who enjoyed the same things your mother did. If some longarm business grows from that, it will be a win-win! And if your wife attends meetings with you (highly recommended), she may start to see why some of us think sewing is fun.

Again, my heart goes out to you for the loss of your mother.
    Last edited by GuitarGramma; August 7th, 2019 at 12:13 AM.
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Beginning Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGramma View Post
    Mark, I saw the title of your post and hopped onto this thread to say hello and welcome to the forum. After reading all the way through, I'd like to also offer condolences on the passing of your mother. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Regarding your "warning" here on the forum, I hope it will make you feel better to know that K.McEuen has been appointed as a moderator of the forum by the Missouri Star Company. In other words, it's her (unpaid) job to make sure we're all sticking to the M* Forum guidelines. I can only begin to imagine what it felt like to think that just a regular old run of the mill poster had pointed out one of the rules. Karen has had to let me know when I've tiptoed over the line, but I knew that was her job. You didn't have that advantage.

I think you might find that you enjoy attending some local quilt guild meetings. You'll meet women who enjoyed the same things your mother did. If some longarm business grows from that, it will be a win-win! And if your wife attends meetings with you (highly recommended), she may start to see why some of us think sewing is fun.

Again, my heart goes out to you for the loss of your mother.
    But I did not outright advertise. I feel that she did pounce unjustly. I did notice she was a moderator back then as it tags the persons status by their name. Others have stated here in the forum that there is other "advertising" and suggestions for where (other businesses) to get other services or items that M* sells or offers too! Now tell me again why I was singled out to be scolded with a "warning" for just a bare hint that we were trying to start a business?
    Way back then I was expressing exasperation at zero response to my local ads. Maybe you and that mod need to go back and relook at what I really wrote, the whole thing!

I'm not currently advertising a darn thing as I don't know what I might do with what is left here to me and my wife. The way the attitudes and moods are going we just may up and sell the whole deal. We don't know which way to go! Maybe I shouldn't say that here because that could be a pre-advertising statement?

6. Thanks ktdid thanked for this post
    Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Good for you!!
    When you have decided what you believe, what you feel must be done, have the courage to stand alone and be counted
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Mark and welcome back to the forums. I am sorry to hear of your mother's passing. Quilting is very comforting, it allows time for the heart and mind to piece things together while our hands are doing the same. May the empty feeling be consoled with sweet memories, your dreams be filled with visits with your mother, and your time here with out her be filled with loving family and good friends.

Beginning Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minipinlady View Post
    Hello Mark and welcome back to the forums. I am sorry to hear of your mother's passing. Quilting is very comforting, it allows time for the heart and mind to piece things together while our hands are doing the same. May the empty feeling be consoled with sweet memories, your dreams be filled with visits with your mother, and your time here with out her be filled with loving family and good friends.
    Thank you very much. (Had to add "very much" as a simple thank you is too short! Go figure...)

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boondockslongarm View Post
    But I did not outright advertise. I feel that she did pounce unjustly. I did notice she was a moderator back then as it tags the persons status by their name. Others have stated here in the forum that there is other "advertising" and suggestions for where (other businesses) to get other services or items that M* sells or offers too! Now tell me again why I was singled out to be scolded with a "warning" for just a bare hint that we were trying to start a business?
    Way back then I was expressing exasperation at zero response to my local ads. Maybe you and that mod need to go back and relook at what I really wrote, the whole thing!

I'm not currently advertising a darn thing as I don't know what I might do with what is left here to me and my wife. The way the attitudes and moods are going we just may up and sell the whole deal. We don't know which way to go! Maybe I shouldn't say that here because that could be a pre-advertising statement?
    I am so sorry. I feel like I hurt you again. Please accept my apologies. I feel just awful about making you feel worse.
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Beginning Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGramma View Post
    I am so sorry. I feel like I hurt you again. Please accept my apologies. I feel just awful about making you feel worse.
    No, I just think you were still assuming I was in the wrong here, and I'm asserting that I was in the clear and the mod went over the line, in my opinion, and in a few private messages to me, their opinions too.
    I hold my ground when I feel wronged, and bite back.

I also notice that said mod hasn't come back to try to make things better, to admit to overkill, or to offer any condolences. That has to tell ya something there.

Have a blessed day. I'm gonna try to as well, although off to a terrible start, our coffee maker broke!
    Last edited by Boondockslongarm; August 9th, 2019 at 07:52 AM.