Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default It is a very wet Friday

Good morning friends. Yes a really wet Friday. I think it rained all night and it is still raining. Today is a work day and it will be a good distraction. I did get into the sewing room yesterday but I am not sure if I am happy with the table runner I am making. I ended up trying to straighten out the sewing room as that is where Phil is going to sleep. Plus I need to pack for retreat before he arrives.

I asked Bonnie's children if I could finish hand quilting the quilt she was working on and they have graciously agreed and said they would be honoured. I feel good and I think Bonnie would be pleased if I finished it for her.

So yes today is a work day but not where I can quilt. It will be interesting to see what mail is delivered today with the rotating strikes. And I am now battling a cold, UGH!!

Have a great day everyone and a wonderful weekend.
    Last edited by Monique; November 2nd, 2018 at 07:28 AM.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks MSN, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It is a very wet Friday

Good morning sweet, wonderful Monique! Happy day to all!

How gracious of you Monique to finish off Bonnie's quilt.......a very lovely gesture. Hope your cold leaves fast and you feel better soon. Hugs and love my friend!

Yes, been raining non stop for over 30 hours......we have a wet soggy mess. But on the good side, I finished most of a quilt top. Just to figure out the border(s).....or no border.....or narrow border......oh the decisions! And then the next thing........

Hope y'all have a great day. The sun is shining somewhere......why not in your heart or in your sewing room!

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning...It's rainy and cold this morning. Dottie came into the house this morning dragging beautiful red and coral leaves in her skirt. Maggs and Sugar each grabbed one and ran off with them. If they didn't eat them, they should turn up later today.

Today my goal is to get some serious dusting done and possibly getting the vacuum out. It's amazing what gets tracked in with 16 feet living here!

Monique, how precious of you to finish Bonnie's quilt for her family. Take care of your cold.

Have a great Friday everyone....
    Last edited by Bubby; November 2nd, 2018 at 07:57 AM.

6. Thanks Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone. Weather is supposed to be good here today, in the 60s I believe, with no rain again until Sunday. Having lunch with a friend today, after my WW meeting. Praying I can actually meet goal today. I've been so close now for over a month, frustrating. Oh well, I guess it's practice for maintaining.
    I think I'll try to do some documentation for donations today so I can get this done before yearend. Boring, I know, but I just keep putting it off and I am really tired of seeing the stacks on the floor in that one room.
    Hope everyone has a great day.

8. Thanks Monique, Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone. It's pretty windy here today and I see we did get some rain overnight. We are supposed to get some heavy rain starting tonight into tomorrow. We have no commitments this weekend so I hope to be able to just stay home nice and dry and cozy.

Monique, how wonderful that you will be able to finish the quilt Bonnie was working on.

I had a good day yesterday. I went to Hobby Lobby and got the fabric I needed, headed to Target for a couple things and then had a nice lunch with Ceil. It was beautiful weather here yesterday so we got to sit outside while we visited. Then, since I didn't need to pick Henry up, I got to spend the rest of the afternoon in the sewing room. Today I may go over to visit a couple of former co-workers. I am working on a cushion cover for someone there and want to speak with her about the fabric she needs.

Time to get a bit of a move on. Friday's still have that special feel even now that I am retired. Have a good Friday all.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

10. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning ladies,

It rained all night. I know 'cause I was awake most of the night. I don't understand what is happening to my sleep pattern. I have always had no difficulty falling asleep and sleeping 8-9 hours. This past year, restful sleep has eluded me. DH just thinks I do too much for everyone and don't spend time for me. He has suggested I sew today. I would like that but I am cooking freezer meals for my daughter. Maybe if I hurry up to dothe,, I can sew his aft. He is probably right.

My son dropped by for dinner, and since I was running around all day, i ordered pizza. Winter tires are on, so I am ready. I went to Costco before coming home. I also went to our bank and hopefully the changes we made will put an end to unauthorized withdrawals. I picked up my mom's laundry and was told there is a meeting with her doctor next week. This is where her meds are reviewed and health concerns. I have a list.

DH just left for car check up and get his winter tires put on. I think I might need to go to a quilt store to get out of this funky mood.

Monique, Bonnie's quilts you finish for her kids will be treasured for sure. It will be therapeutic for you as well, as you work through your grief. I think this may be why I am so low this week, as I am reminded of my close friend who died years ago. Always in my heart, I treasured her friendship and the times we shared.

Barb - I can just imagine the amount of extra cleaning you must do with all the rain, especially since dogs generally like to run through puddles. It's cute.

Joy - I think you will find that PT will help with your neck and numbness. Regular massage also helps and I consider necessary now.

Enjoy your day. Be safe, especially wih all the side effects of extra rain and wind. Stay dry and warm.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

12. Thanks Monique, Star lover thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

We've got sunshine in Glasgow, Scotland at the moment but we're expecting whatever's left of the latest hurricane over the weekend.

14. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all

Wet and gloomy day. I heard it raining last night and it continues this morning. Today s my husband's birthday and I wanted to take him our for lunch or dinner, whichever he prefers so hope the rain lets up.

Yesterday I worked on a table runner that just needed to be sandwiched and quilted. Should have been an easy project but somehow turned out looking like a nightmare. So disappointed in myself, what was gearing towards my favorite runner is now trash. I think I should stay out of the sewing room today after yesterday's disaster.

Leaves are starting to get some color and they really look nice. I still have one rose on the rosebush that is hanging on trying to beat mother nature.

Well, tine for coffee, so I'll wish everyone a good day.
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

16. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all,

It was a busy day yesterday. Zeke loves puzzles, so I pulled out the pattern blocks and picture puzzles. For a three year old, it's amazing how he will turn the pieces to make them fit, or flip the piece if it's the wrong way. I laugh at how he'd hand me a piece that was close to me and say, Help me Grandmaaaaaaaaaa.

After babysitting Z, Morgan brought lunch for all of us and left J for Home School. We accomplished a lot in his 2 1/2 hours, after he'd had 'school' with the co-op. Esther loves going there, too. As soon as there is an opening in his age group, Zeke will go there too. I hope something will happen so that Morgan is able to take them every week, but she doesn't get a whole lot of say in when she's scheduled.

It's cloudy here, I do wish we'd get some soaking rain. The yard could use it!

Monique, I think it's wonderful that you're going to finish Bonnie's quilt. It will mean so much to you and her family, both.

Anita, don't you just love it when finishing a quilt is in sight. Borders still give me a fit, sometimes, but I'm getting better at it.

Barb, Mike and I broke down and did the cleaning yesterday afternoon, in the great room. I kept putting it off knowing that we'll have to do a deep cleaning once the new windows get here.

Ginny, I agree about Fridays. They're my favorite day of the week. When J was asking what day was my favorite, I told him Friday. He asked why, and I told him... I don't have to give Spelling Tests and Math Tests and then figure out what everyone's spelling words for the next week were, anymore! What a busy day Fridays were, just to have everything ready before time to go home!

Suzanne, I hope your banking issues are solved quickly. I keep an eye on mine (not like Mom did- she went to the bank every other day and had them print out her statement). It makes me wonder if that's part of the disturbance of your sleep patterns. I know it would disturb mine.

I hope everyone has great weekend. I'm really going to bring my fabric stash out to the living room and start folding and sorting again. I need to find some items for my December door decoration. I found a few free patterns, now to figure out what I want to do.

Prayers for those in need, for healing, strength, comfort, wisdom and hope. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

18. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Monique, what a wonderful way to remember your friend Bonnie with love in every stitch.

Wet and raining here also but I have plenty of indoor stuff to keep me busy and out of trouble. I was planning to get a haircut and blow dry but with this damp weather the hairdo won't last too long, think it's time for a perm.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FRIDAY.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	45.3 KB 
ID:	155810

20. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post