• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chelea
    Missouri Star
    • Mar 2012

Lentil soup

I had a delicious Lebanese lentil soup in a restaurant recently so did a search online hoping to replicate it. Found this one and made it twice this week. It's excellent...I followed the recipe exactly as written. You could make it vegetarian by using vegetable stock instead of chicken.

Michele
    ~The Commonwealth of Massachusetts~
    To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world ~Dr Seuss
  • Bubby
    Missouri Star
    • Jun 2011

Re: Lentil soup

This sounds so good. If I can find red lentils I will give it a try. I also love Italian lentil soup as served at a little local restaurant.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• Star lover
      Missouri Star
      • Apr 2016

Yummmm, I love lentils. I just made some French lentils soup......it has bacon in it! excellent! I'll give tours a try. It's perfect soup weather and I can eat some anytime, in fact every day.....except most chicken noodle soups......I know......weird. But to me it's not substantial enough, some broth, a few veggies, some chicken and some noodles.....too much broth. When I make it you can stand a spoon up in it, there's tons of everything in it. Now that's my kind of soup!

Comment

• Granny Fran
        Missouri Star
        • Apr 2014

Thanks for this recipe...have never seen red lentils in my grocery though.
        No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
        Aesop

Comment

• JCY
          Missouri Star
          • Jul 2013

Thanks for the link. I have a supply of red lentils on hand. For those looking for this type of lentil, try your local natural grocers store/health food store like Vitamin Cottage, Whole Foods, etc. or look on line. I've never seen them in a regular groc. store. I also thought it seemed like a lot of liquid. If I make this, I might just cook the lentils in the broth. I printed off the recipe.

Comment

Working...
          X