Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: New Site, has anyone else seen this?

I did not receive the email. They do have a very good price on Bella Solids by the yard. I use this a lot for my quilt backing. My local fabric shop will give me the same price per yard when I buy an entire bolt. I also wonder if they are reliable.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caroline T. View Post
    Never heard of them, site appears to be pretty new, selection minimum, and prices very good (especially for lines that are just released this month - if even yet).

My biggest red flag which will prevent me from ordering from them at this time: absolutely no contact info....
    no address
    no phone #
    no email address

Without those simple bit of info, no way would I give a company my credit card #. But I will keep an open eye on their website and see.
    All that info is right there. She gives her address in St George UT. No phone #, but does anyone use a phone anymore? I don't if at all possible.

And she takes paypal so no CC# needed.
    Donna

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I don't get the connection? What am I missing?

I also wanted to add - M* started out very much like this. A small company with a small inventory and website. I thoroughly understand the need to be cautious, but if everyone sits around and waits for them to get bigger - they never will!

I went to a new quilt store about 35 miles from me last week. Based on the website, I wasn't expecting much. When we walked in we were greeted by the owners son who explained that they were an online fabric store that opens their warehouse twice a week to the public. Their prices were great (3.99 unbranded and $4.99 name brands) and they were obviously very busy. I will go back! Someone gave them a chance and it is now paying off.

Support small business!

BTW - St George, UT is a small town, but with a very big quilting community. My DD and I visited there three years ago and couldn't make it to all the stores we wanted to see.
    Last edited by dwil23; December 10th, 2018 at 02:34 AM.
    Donna

4. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dwil23 View Post
    I don't get the connection? What am I missing?

I also wanted to add - M* started out very much like this. A small company with a small inventory and website. I thoroughly understand the need to be cautious, but if everyone sits around and waits for them to get bigger - they never will!
    While I don't disagree with you, I have two thoughts on this...

One is that we here on this forum are a teeny, tiny portion of the quilting community at large. So I'm sure while some of us are choosing to be cautious, many other quilters will chance it and jump on the great prices. If they turn out to be a reputable company, they will hopefully grow as their reputation grows.

And second, I will still personally take a wait and see attitude. It's just my nature to not jump into things too quickly. I know it's tough to get any small business off the ground (and yes, that is due in some part to people's reasonable caution) but I am wishing them all the best.
    Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dwil23 View Post
    All that info is right there. She gives her address in St George UT. No phone #, but does anyone use a phone anymore? I don't if at all possible.

And she takes paypal so no CC# needed.
    I would like to point out that the original post and link for this thread was about 6 weeks ago, with that said, I did look at her website again (actually have it saved and have checked it out a couple of times in the past 6 weeks), and it does appear the business has been updating and improving their website, so what you see today is not necessarily what was there 6 weeks ago.

As for Paypal,: not everyone has a paypal account. I use to, not anymore - it got hacked, so no I don't trust paypal any more at least my CC company is quick to reverse bogus charges if any show up on my account. But I'm still very leery of ANY new, unproven, on-line business.

I do hope that they are successful, and we find lots of positive reviews for their business, so that I can feel comfortable doing business with them in the future.

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

We'll see how it goes. I just ordered (like 20 minutes ago) 5 yds from her. I like the new info she added to the site, and I kinda feel now I kinda know who I'm dealing with. She has a flat rate shipping charge, but no info on routing, who with, or anything. I'm certain it'll work. I'll keep you posted.

One thing I liked was the communication. Seconds after the purchase was complete, I got a text with a link to my account and order. Pretty cool I thought and it said I would be notified when shipped.

All methods of payment accepted.

Here's the weird part- fifteen minutes later I got a text saying "your order has been shipped." What? At that rate I should have the package on Friday. Ha-Ha. Kiddin' of course. We'll see how it goes, and you'll be the first to know.
    You gots to risk it to gets the biscuit-

8. Thanks auntstuff thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caroline T. View Post
    Never heard of them, site appears to be pretty new, selection minimum, and prices very good (especially for lines that are just released this month - if even yet).

My biggest red flag which will prevent me from ordering from them at this time: absolutely no contact info....
    no address
    no phone #
    no email address

Without those simple bit of info, no way would I give a company my credit card #. But I will keep an open eye on their website and see.
    She provides all of that information...just click on the About Me tab.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I originally posted about this business. Always nervous about a new site. I emailed the owner about concerns and she replied quickly and I believe honestly. Like others I checked the site and noticed the improvements. I needed (wanted might be a better word) a certain layer cake that was not available elsewhere. This shop had it and the matching jelly roll (why not!) plus a really good price. I placed an order at around 4:30 and received a confirmation about an hour later.This was on the 11th. Shipping confirmation on the 12th and it arrived today. So far, so good. Let’s see if it continues.

11. Thanks sewbizzy, dwil23, Babs quilts, KPH, Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Order rec'd this morning. This was ordered after hours on the 12th. Sent via Priority 2-Day mail. Don't know why but PO doesn't show receiving it until the 17th. I'm going with the "holiday excuse" for now. I'd say shipping time wasn't bad except for the 2-Day thing.

One thing I do like is notifications by text. Ding-ding on my phone- package is on the porch.
    You gots to risk it to gets the biscuit-

13. Thanks dwil23, KPH thanked for this post
    Machine Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Remember we all had to start somewhere. Yes it does appear to be a fairly new company, would I order from them? just did. Am I worried? Not at all. Where would Missouri Star be if everyone waited until they got big? If we do not help them now they will never grow.