Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need to buy new 1/4 inch presser foot

For years I have used a 1/4 inch presser foot with a fixed metal seam guide on the right side. The seam guide got tangled up in a zipper and broke off, now I need to buy a new one and can't remember where I got the old one, it was so long ago. I could put blue tape in front of my needle plate but I really liked having that guide to butt my fabric edges against. It made for nice consistent seams. Singer has a new one out that I loked at at JA. The clerk let me take it out of the pkg and it was adjustable but narrowest setting was 5/8 inch--good fail design there Singer! I did find one similar to mine at Annie's Catalog, a place I have heard of but never ordered from. My machine is an older Janome. Anybody have recommendations ? Something that you bought and really liked?

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Need to buy new 1/4 inch presser foot

I have a Janome and had to by another as the whatever black thing broke off my 1/4 foot and got at my local sewing dealer. You could look on the Janome site or I'd be glad to pick it up for you and mail it out. Just give me your model number. And just as an FYI the new Ever Sew machines that M* is selling so does my local dealer besides Baby Lock and Bernina and he mentioned that the feet from that machine fit the Janome as they are made by the same manufacturer.

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

sewingpartsonline.com should have it. That's where I got mine. You will just need your model number, although I think a lot of the Janomes (other than the newest ones) are interchangeable.

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oldsewer View Post
    sewingpartsonline.com should have it. That's where I got mine. You will just need your model number, although I think a lot of the Janomes (other than the newest ones) are interchangeable.
    Sewing parts on line is the place to go. Has parts in stock....reasonable price.....prompt service..... Kathy

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

I think I got one for my Juki at kenssewingcenter.com
    Tracie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

You didn't say if it is a snap-on or screw-on foot. I got a Janome high shank foot to use on my Juki and a snap-on foot for another machine from Amazon.com.
    Last edited by MRoy; October 28th, 2018 at 06:25 PM.
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered this for my Janome from Amazon.
    https://www.amazon.com/Janome-inch-S...%2F4+inch+foot
    Robin
    My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

A lot of places carry the extra feet for all kinds of machines. I'd just say buy one that is your machines Make. I have a brother so I purchased a 1/4" guide for my Brother. I love, love, love it. I don't know how I ever did without it :-)

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Carlie Wolf View Post
    A lot of places carry the extra feet for all kinds of machines. I'd just say buy one that is your machines Make. I have a brother so I purchased a 1/4" guide for my Brother. I love, love, love it. I don't know how I ever did without it :-)
    Carlie, what 1/4” guide did you buy? I have a Brother machine and would love to know what you have!

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Assuming you have snap on feet...?

Janome has a couple different styles of 1/4 inch guide feet. One is fixed at 1/4" while the other is adjustable. The problem with the adjustable is that the widest adjustment is 1/4".

I'm sure you know this but these feet may give different dimensions depending on the machine it's mounted on, and where the needle drop position falls. Test and adjust accordingly.

https://www.sewingmachinesplus.com/j...-202100003.php
    https://www.sewingmachinesplus.com/200318000.php
    You gots to risk it to gets the biscuit-