• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • threadbndr
    Batting Beauty
    • Jan 2017

WiP Oct 26 - Nov 1, 2018

Halloween/All Hallow's Eve/All Saints Day.

My favorite time of year. I love fall, the smell, the crunch of leaves, snuggling down in a nest of quilts and pillows on a cool night. I am an 'autumn' in my hair and skin tone, so I wear lots of browns and tans, olive greens to bring out the red tones in my hair. But surprisingly, I haven't ever made a quilt in those colors. This has me thinking that a quilt with those 'American Civil War/1880s' reproduction fabrics needs to be planned for the 'future quilts' list.

What's on your 'someday' list? What are you working on now?
  • Claire Hallman
    Missouri Star
    • Jun 2011

Re: WiP Oct 26 - Nov 1, 2018

I really want to get into my quilting room but I don't think I will make it, maybe tomorrow if it rains. If it doesn't rain we will go to a Fall Fest with a quilt show. We could use a little more rain, haha!
    I received my thread order so am ready to start quilting the blue/green binding star quilt, it will have a watery design if I can make it happen.
    Claire from Pelham, Alabama

Comment

• kimsophia
      Missouri Star
      • Oct 2014

I am again working on a needlepoint version of a museum piece made in 1758. My husband needed to go get a biopsy on Monday so I took it along to work on when I was sitting in the waiting room. I've had to redo some flowers over and over because it is so hard to buy the right color crewel yarn online. I keep trying different yarns but they just look weird. I want to get back to my magnetic felt fish toy project and keep crossing things off my 2018 finishing list. I've gotten the three biggest ones done...whew. I also have a few cross stitch projects and a Sue Spargo wool applique project I have assembled the fabric and threads for.

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
        Missouri Star
        • Aug 2015

I'm hoping that we get the promised snow flurries later today and the weekend. That way, I will stop doing yardwork and get to my sewing room. Am I the only one who looks forward to snow days?

I have been cranking out tops that needed quilting on my to-do list. I do need to prep the backs for 2 quilts that I will go quilt at LQS in November I need to start thinking craft show projects. I only do one now, Nov 17. I have some bins of items made already, but now I will start laying out the advent calendars. They were popular last year.

I have my next piecing project in mind. Cosy quilt designs 'Hanging Gardens' pattern. I have the JR and backing all ready to go.

Have a good week.
        Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• Claire Hallman
          Missouri Star
          • Jun 2011

water meander.jpg
          I go a chance to try out the water meander on my watery colored binding star quilt yesterday and I am pretty pleased with the result. I spent about 3 hours split into two sessions and got about half the quilt done. I am so happy with my new juki.

Comment

• DeniseSm
            Missouri Star
            • Nov 2013

The buyer of our house terminated the contract because the sale on their house fell through. So I am back to piecing. 7 orange, 5 red, 6 purple and 1 green Boxy Rectangle using the double wide Dresden ruler completed. An additional 8 green blocks have been cut.

100_4710.JPG

I need 40 blocks total so I will be adding 9 blue, 3 yellow and 3 pink. I will have two blocks left over.
            Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

• cv quilter
              Missouri Star
              • Feb 2015

Claire, your water meander looks fantastic! That's a perfect quilting pattern for your beautiful quilt.

Denise, dang! It's so discouraging to think you have your home sold and looking forward to a move and a new location. Your quilt is going to be happy and bright.
              A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

• Claire Hallman
                Missouri Star
                • Jun 2011

Originally posted by DeniseSm View Post
                The buyer of our house terminated the contract because the sale on their house fell through. So I am back to piecing. 7 orange, 5 red, 6 purple and 1 green Boxy Rectangle using the double wide Dresden ruler completed. An additional 8 green blocks have been cut.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]155724[/ATTACH]

I need 40 blocks total so I will be adding 9 blue, 3 yellow and 3 pink. I will have two blocks left over.
                So sorry, perhaps one of those other lookers will be happy and give you a new contract.

Comment

• MaryUK
                  Missouri Star
                  • Feb 2016

I'm just back from a week's holiday in The Canary Islands, they're just off the coast of Morocco so it was a lovely temperature. Back to frosty mornings.

Was hoping to get back to my sewing room but my bridge fell out whilst away so need to contact the dentist, it'll probably be "come and wait", that's usually 2-3 hours (I'll take some embroidery with me)!! Then there's food shopping and unpacking and washing to do.

When I do get back into my room I have a few UFO's to finish, quite fancy having a go at the Mystery Quilt but I'll download the directions before making a decision, I don't like working with really small pieces so I may resize if they're smaller than 2 1/2".

Hope everyone has a good week.

Comment

• cv quilter
                    Missouri Star
                    • Feb 2015

Denise, maybe a little encouragement here: Our grandson and his wife had their home sold and another one ready to be purchased. After several delays in closing, the deal fell through because the buyer could not qualify on his own. Disappointed to say the least. Within a month, their home sold for a higher price and they now have another home offered to them at a price they can afford. And the home they are going to purchase is actually exactly what they hoped for. I tend to believe that things work out just like they ought to and usually for the better. Hang in there and make pretty quilts.
                    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                      Missouri Star
                      • Aug 2015

Originally posted by MaryUK View Post
                      I'm just back from a week's holiday in The Canary Islands, they're just off the coast of Morocco so it was a lovely temperature. Back to frosty mornings.

Was hoping to get back to my sewing room but my bridge fell out whilst away so need to contact the dentist, it'll probably be "come and wait", that's usually 2-3 hours (I'll take some embroidery with me)!! Then there's food shopping and unpacking and washing to do.

When I do get back into my room I have a few UFO's to finish, quite fancy having a go at the Mystery Quilt but I'll download the directions before making a decision, I don't like working with really small pieces so I may resize if they're smaller than 2 1/2".

Hope everyone has a good week.
                      What a lovely holiday. It's on my bucket list to travel to, one day.

I hope your dental issues get resolved painlessly.

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                        Missouri Star
                        • Aug 2015

Back again. Sunday I made 4 throw cushions with zippers for my girlfriend. Another check off the list.

I checked my stash for backing my xmas Quatrefoil quilt. I don't have enough fabric for a king, so I am checking out options to either piece or just buy entire new wide back. I didn't see anything at LQS, but there is another few to check out about 30 mins away.

Today I pulled out 8 panels for advent calendars. They are all pressed and cut. I hope to make them all this week, for a craft show in November. Oh boy, this is when I realized that I went a little crazy buying xmas fabric on sale last winter. I have all the fabric for 4 Quilts for GKs. Not sure if they will get done.

Comment

Working...
                        X