Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WiP Oct 26 - Nov 1, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by MaryUK View Post
    I'm just back from a week's holiday in The Canary Islands, they're just off the coast of Morocco so it was a lovely temperature. Back to frosty mornings.

Was hoping to get back to my sewing room but my bridge fell out whilst away so need to contact the dentist, it'll probably be "come and wait", that's usually 2-3 hours (I'll take some embroidery with me)!! Then there's food shopping and unpacking and washing to do.

When I do get back into my room I have a few UFO's to finish, quite fancy having a go at the Mystery Quilt but I'll download the directions before making a decision, I don't like working with really small pieces so I may resize if they're smaller than 2 1/2".

Hope everyone has a good week.
    What a lovely holiday. It's on my bucket list to travel to, one day.

I hope your dental issues get resolved painlessly.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WiP Oct 26 - Nov 1, 2018

Back again. Sunday I made 4 throw cushions with zippers for my girlfriend. Another check off the list.

I checked my stash for backing my xmas Quatrefoil quilt. I don't have enough fabric for a king, so I am checking out options to either piece or just buy entire new wide back. I didn't see anything at LQS, but there is another few to check out about 30 mins away.

Today I pulled out 8 panels for advent calendars. They are all pressed and cut. I hope to make them all this week, for a craft show in November. Oh boy, this is when I realized that I went a little crazy buying xmas fabric on sale last winter. I have all the fabric for 4 Quilts for GKs. Not sure if they will get done.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.