Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Happy Thursday!!

Wow where is the week going? It is advancing but not me.

Well I did not get to see Bonnie yesterday. She was to put out a 'do not disturb' sign (figuratively speaking). So I did not go and see her and she knew I was home if she needed me. I was out in the evening helping at bingo at the seniors home which is beside the hospital so I thought I would pop in and say hi but she was sleeping and I did not want to disturb her. I will call her this morning and see what is going on.

I did a table runner together and now it needs to be quilted. I guess I will do that today. I also want to go to Bonnie's house and get the dishes done and straighten up a little and check the trapline too, haha. No critters today for me.

Even with the postal disruptions, my parcel arrived at its destination yesterday morning. It left Shawville on Tuesday for Ottawa and delivered to Trenton the next day. Amazing. Maizyn was pretty happy with all the candies and of course the pants.

I hope all those in the path of Willa stay safe. We were to get some snow this coming weekend because of it but now it is to be rain. Happy about that.

Anywho, that's it for me today. Have a wonderful day everyone.

Oh yes, GO RED SOX!! Sorry Dodger fans.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks sewbizzy, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Happy Thursday!!

Good morning Monique and all who'll be here as the day goes on......

Hope all's good with Bonnie......and happy there's no more critters! Have fun in your sewing rooom today!

Well the shingles were delivered yesterday and now sit in piles in the roof.......oh so hoping they come and work today. No rain in sight, so yippee! But I'm not sure if they were delivered cause it's on a schedule or they'll actually be here.

With the way things go......the tree trimmers will also show.......not sure if they can all play nice together?......

So the plan is to clean house early and then sew all day as I listen (hopefully) to the sounds of nail drivers.

Hope everyone is safe, and healthy and happy. Love and hug for all!

4. Thanks sewbizzy, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning...I'm having a slow time waking up this morning. I love having Jeff home and wish he could be off another week or two. The Girls are over the moon to have him to play with all day. They love him something fierce.

We are on high alert outdoors since a very large wild boar was on three pictures of our game camera in our side yard. We can't take our eyes off of the Girls for even a second when they are outside now. This is a definite concern even for ourselves if we decide to take a walk in the woods.

Monique, I hope Bonnie will visit with you today. She's been through so much lately.

I'll wish everyone a great day and look for something to fix for our breakfast. Hugs everyone...

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, Barb. Sounds as if Jeff should have that stand up in your woods and spend the night outside . . . at least I'm assuming these are night-time sightings. I'll come help you dig a pit if you do an open BBQ.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Mmmmmm, yum.....BBQ pork .....sounds fantastic!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Only have a minute. DH will be wanting his breakfast. It's dark outside, of course, but it's full moon & the yard is lit with moonlight. I was awakened at 3:30 a.m. with the stink of a skunk. Yuk! I'll be glad when they hibernate for the winter. More evidence the raccoons have been in the yard. I found a pile of scat in the flower bed right next to our back patio. Also saw evidence where something has been digging under the back gate -- probably the coons, since the rabbits are small enough to go through the gap without needed to dig.

I had 30 min. for FMQ last eve. before watching Survivor. I'll do as much quilting today as my hand will allow. About 30 min. is my limit at one sitting; my L. hand gets numb.

No more time now.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! I was woken up early this morning and never did get back to sleep. I finally decided just to get up and get the day started. On the game plan is laundry. I have not checked the weather but if it is warm enough, I would like to do one last cleaning of the windows before winter sets in. Lunch is already in the crockpot warming up. There was some broth and a little bit of leftovers from last night's dinner theater that I added lots of vegetables to make a large batch of soup. It is becoming soup weather again. The local grocery store has some really good deals on fruits and vegetables this week so I think I will see about doing a little stocking up as we love fruits and vegetables. Plus with winter coming, we do a lot of soups so the frozen vegetables will come in handy.

Probably not going to make it to the sewing room today. But hopefully, I can be there some this weekend as I have a block of the month that needs to get done before the end of the month. The block doesn't look to complicated but has smaller pieces than previous blocks.

Monique, I hope that Bonnie was able to get rested and is doing better today.

Barb, I hope that someone can take care of that wild boar soon. They are so destructive, mean and multiply quickly. Until then, I hope everyone stays safe.

JCY, do you know what is causing your hand to be numb? DH found out his was from a pinched nerve. The chiropractor has been able to work with him so the numbness is almost completely gone now.

Have a great Thursday everyone

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Morning All --- Not much time this morning as I have to get ready to go to Carlisle for training for the election Nov. 6. Then when I get home I need to clean up a little --- Trick-or-Treat is tonight in my township and three of my granddaughters (with their parents) will be here for that and also my daughter and son-in-law are coming also so I won't be here alone. Today is also my oldest granddaughter's birthday. She is 12 years old today and growing up so fast. Didn't sew yesterday. Found the book I have been looking for (inside the tote bag I had put it in last week) and read all afternoon. Have to run and get ready to go. Have a great day!!!

Nancy

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Well I just wrote a long message and for some reason lost it. I hate when that happens.
    DS#2 and DGS (1yo) coming over for a little visit this am, bringing donuts - yum...a girl really needs donuts to help her heal!!!!

Gosh Barb - I'd be scared to let the girls out to do their business with that wild boar around - very scary.

Charyti - I love to make soups too . Right now I still have a freezer full from last season, I guess I got a little over zealous with soup making...so really need to eat some of that down to make room for more. But I'm getting very antsi to pull out that soup pot.

Have a great day everyone

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

DH got up before the crack of dawn to go hunting, He keeps seeing lots of deer and bear on the game cam but the time of day really varies. Sometimes its 8am sometimes 8pm sometimes 3 pm...he seems to be missing seeing them live and in person. Just squirrels, racoons chipmunks and possums. They are eating all his corn and apples though!!
    I have been working on designing a sit upon for my Christmas craft project. I made a prototype yesterday and will put some straps on it today to see about size, etc. It may be a little bit too big. I'm thinking these might be good GS gifts as well. Might just be a dumb idea.
    Made eggplant parmesean for DH last night and he really wolfed it down. His teeth as so bad that he doesn't usually eat very well. He's always been a really picky eater but lately he is worse than usual.
    Sort of warm this morning. But look out for tomorrow with a high of 40. And Rain. But, except for the anticipation, the weather has benn excellent for this time of year. I just dread the cold.
    I've planned a trip to Daytona for late November to see a friend I haven't seen in several years. I'm becoming a bit anxious about leaving home for a week. I must be getting old.