Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks for the prayers

I posted this in Tuesday Hellos, but wasn't sure everyone would see. And I am just to wowed over by the love and support I've received from everyone here, I just wanted to make sure everyone knew how blessed youve made me feel

Surgery went well...new dual chamber pacemaker put in, but decided not to put the defibrillator in at this time - maybe somewhere down the road. It's very confusing but they didn't remove any of the old wires and instead inserted another wire into the bottom chamber and immediately my heart began beating more in sync - mind you these are laymans terms - LOL. The worse part was that in being prepared in case they had to do open heart surgery they put in a breathing tube. And for some reason, since have Sleep Apnea they had to tape my eyes closed....well this girl is allergic to tape, which I did tell them numerous times. When I came to in the recovery tube and opened my eyes - it felt like there was grit in them and they burned horribly...and were very very swollen. Spent a terrible night in the hospital, but woke feeling much better. According to DH I was given several doses of Benedryl and became very loopy and funny - I honestly find that hard to believe - LOL.
    Anyway - just came home...Praise God!!! Feeling pretty good.
    Thank you everyone for all the wonderful thoughts and prayers - it really meant the world to me knowing so many were thinking and praying for me. I am blessed indeed to have such awesome friends.
    Off now to take a little nap.
    C

Almost forgot the most important part. My instructions are:
    No driving for 1 week. - I can live with that
    No heave lifting for 30 days. - don't do this one anyway
    Do not raise arm above shoulder for 30 days - and at this one my first thought was - phew I can sew!!!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Thanks for the prayers

It's s-ooooo good to hear from you. Yes, you were covered in prayers. Just know you are loved and appreciated here.

I'm so glad everything went well except for the tape on your eyes. Take care and follow and and all instructions from your doctor.

Hugs....BarbName:  Hugs.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  10.8 KB

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Carol ~ Wonderful news! Thanks for the update. Sorry about the tape allergy. Sometimes communications just break down no matter how many times we tell them. Most hospitals have patients wear a special allergy alert bracelet that lists the allergy. Sorry you had a rough night. I guess you'll need DH to reach dishes or whatever from your upper shelves of the cupboards. After my abdominal surgery, I wasn't supposed to lift >10 lb. -- which is about the weight of a gal. of milk. I could hardly do even that for a while. At least you can still sew!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Carol, so very happy to hear you are ok and everything went well with the surgery except of course for your eyes. I know that felt miserable, but happy you are home and doing well!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Carol I am so happy that everything went well for you except for the tape allergy. My friend Bonnie is also allergic to tape. Rest now that you are at home and take advantage of having help even for the small things.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Happy to hear you are home. Grateful for the miracles of modern science and talents of skilled cardio surgeons. Sounds like you have sewing plans during recovery - the time should pass quickly.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Happy to hear you are doing well and recovering from your surgery. Best wishes to you. Hope you are soon stitching again.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Happy you are now home resting, and everything went well , for the most part.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Oh God bless you dear. You've been in my prayers and thoughts every day. I'm so happy to hear from you that all went well. Just don't overdo, take good care of yourself. Your UFOs will be there when you're ready.
    Linda

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Carol, ALL wonderful news except the tape on the eyes and the resulting swollen gritty eyes. Glad they are now better. AMEN, prayer is so powerful and when you have prayers from your friends and family, you are double blessed. God is good every day and I am thrilled for you that HE heard all of these prayers. Take your time and let your body heal. Bless you.
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon