Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Monday hellos

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Monday hellos

Good morning! The sun is shining here. Dh is working on some little projects around the house this morning. Laundry is one of the big things on my agenda for today. I am hoping to get some sewing done today. I found some additional blocks for little ones I spy quilt so going to try to get those pieced today. Then add that row on to the bottom of the quilt. A friend asked if I could sew patches on his uniform, I told him I would take a look at it.

Prayers for Carol.

Have a good day everyone

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

@GrammaTerry... Yes on the throw away... first time (and only time so far) that I tried to FMQ an entire quilt, well that is the one in the trunk of my car, one only a mother could love. On the windy cracks, I saved all my clippings and super small pieces and when I got enough I made what I call my "wind worm". Long tublar thingy that I put up next to the closed door and it blocks all the wind from under the door. It is heavy too so it doesn't move! Doesn't exactly fit in with the decor, but those ninja turtles on the fabric are doing their job!

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Terry, batting strips (scraps) work great for sealing up drafty cracks. You can take a screwdriver and really stuff it in there. (I live in an old house).

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Carolnnc thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you oldsewer for the tip. I never thought of doing that in the window cracks! Lot easier than putting up winter curtains, longer curtains that don't move so easily with the woooshing of the outside wind.

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Carolnnc thanked for this post