Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wednesday hellos!

Well it's hump day! I haven't really accomplished much of anything this week at all. I did get to Victoria's Quilts yesterday so I guess that is an accomplishment. I picked up some groceries for Bonnie and picked up her mail.

I am now on hubby's laptop, mine is sick!! Not sure if I will take it in and see what is wrong or wait for Phil to come. My two boys will be coming to attend the Remembrance Day services here and in Shawville. One is on Sat and the other on Sunday. I am so proud of my two boys.

Maizyn calls me late last night on messenger. It was 11:30, she woke me up. She wanted to tell me that her school is haunted, LOL!! Thankfully I was able to get back to sleep.

So we had more turkey yesterday and then I made soup with the bones. So we will feast on that today.

The skies look might dark this morning. It might just be a good day to sew if I can muster up the mojo, LOL!!

Have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks Carolnnc, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Wednesday hellos!

Good morning Monique and to all!!!

So happy Monique that you're skilled at debunking....and Maizyn was able to relax and go back to sleep. You are so multi talented! Hope your mojo gets itself going for you today!

Yesterday was one of those days. Wish I coulda went back to bed, wake up and all was changed.....well not that bad. But gee whiz!

Spent most of the day on the phone and running.....running....well driving.
    DH felt he had a UTI last week. They took a culture Wednesday..... negative, but he still had symptoms, so another culture Friday. This time postitive. But we didn't get the results till yesterday....Despite many calls Monday.

So off to get the meds. That's when the fun started. It was one DH never took before. He's a worrier.....A WORRIER. He kept calling with questions, which meant calls for me......sigh.

Finally got the meds. Mmmmm, DH....."they didn't give me enough"....More calls. Yup, they were to give more.....Then the pharmacy called....they gave me the wrong meds. Back to exchange. Not all bad, except that DH knew what the first looked like..... now they look different......oh my, all the investigation on the internet to make sure that they were the right ones........ he finally took it.

The thought flittered through my mind......straggling would cure the infection for sure!

So, no sewing, nothin but trouble. I did however pick up dinner (and DH's lunch) while running, so I didn't have to fix dinner or his lunch. The bright spot of the day......we'll two....

Then......just as I got home from running around there was a truck parked across the drive. The guy was here to have me sign the permit to cut back the limbs from the power lines. Yeah! Still have no idea when that will happen. Then the tree can cut be cut down. He said he'd do what he could to love it along, he saw how bad the tree was, agreed it really needed to come down....and soon.

Sorry, long on words, short on patience.

Hope everyone has a fabulous day. The sun is shining......somewhere, even if not in your neck of the world.

Thoughts and prayers for many. Love and hugs to all!

4. Thanks Carolnnc, Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, All ~ By the end of the day yest. I had completed 11 of 12 blocks for the D9P. Just one to go! Maybe I can start sewing blocks together later today.

This a.m. is Bible Study Fellowship. We're finishing up the book of Joshua. I have errands afterwards: bank, maybe Kohl's, & groc. I need to mix up turkey patties again tomorrow. Some time this week while the weather is mild I need to empty out the flower pots on the patio & maybe do some clean up in the yard. Some of the perennials need to be trimmed back now that we've had a hard freeze. I need to bank leaves around the bases of the 5 clematis to protect them for the winter.

No more time this a.m.

6. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

Maizyn is such a hoot!!! I'm sure she believes her school is haunted.

Anita, I feel for you after the day you had yesterday. I have several days similar to yours strung together almost every month. It's too bad we have to check and double check the pharmacist. That's precisely why I don't get our meds at WalMart any longer. I was coming close to having a meltdown there, so I switched to our new local pharmacy and it's such a blessing. I hope today is a much better day for you and Hubby.

We had a hard frost last night...the first of the year. I hope our flowers under the garage eaves survived it.

Nothing exciting on my plate for today. Have a good day everyone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Barb, I know what you mean about drug stores. We used a local chain for awhile (years ago) and they messed up way too much, so we switched to a local one. They are fabulous. The meds they gave were the same meds, just he was to take 4x a day, not the 2x he was suppose to. So the infection wouldn't bet better. I checked the internet to make sure they were right, when I got home. All was the same except for the color, which I figured was cause they were generic.

When I got the new, did the same. My frustration was that DH had to do it all over again and all that went with it.

Thank you for the well wishes. My day is better already......I headed straight for the sewing room, the second I posted......I feel great!

9. Thanks Carolnnc, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning ladies or should I say happy Weed Wednesday.

Today it becomes legal in Canada. I don't think that I will contribute to this economy, but I am more concerned with the effects and the possible decline in safe driving and other social implications. Joy, I know that policy makers are studying the effects it has had in Colorado.

Yesterday, we got the replacement screen door, and the water system blown out. It is supposed to drop to -4C tonight. Yikes. Not ready for possible flakes this afternoon. Cleaning lady did a great job of cleaning the floors where the GKs spilled food and drink. She also wondered about green paint in kitchen. I told that was me - Monday I made over 100 witches fingers and had to mix my dye colour. I thought I got it all, but she crawls on the floors and finds stuff.

Anita - I feel your frustration, with calls and errors. I spent over 30 mins on the phone waiting for bank fraud line, due to my checking account being compromised. When I messaged them they said to call, so I did. In 2 mins the person said I had to go to my bank and cancel my card and get new checking account. I went in the morning, and the cashier told me to call the 1-800 line. Finally I reached my bank manager and we are taking care of things, so I have to go in this aft. He was more concerned about other accounts. That one I keep minimum just for a few pre-author. The monies that were taken said PayPal debit. I have never used this - ever, especially for a checking account. Frustrating as I will have to contact payees.

I escaped to my sewing room, trying to calm myself, but not successfully. I did managed to finish FMQ a blue quilt. I just need to attach the binding, and another one will be done. I also picked out a JR for this weekend retreat. I will make the ribbon star pattern. Simple and hopefully no frustration. I also cut the backing for another quilt. This one I will bring to quilt as my 2nd top on rental LA in Nov.

Then my mom called - all hysterical again, complains about the speed of care. She expects the nurses to come running the minute she rings. She was never patient. I see her becoming a hostile patient and unruly as her mind is declining slowly. She said they finally came after she screamed her guts out, now complaining about a sore throat. I told her she had to rest her throat and ended the call. She infuriates me. DH came down and massaged my neck and says we are going out to dinner. Love him.

This morning, Dorothy is picking me up and we will go cut 2 rolls of batting and backing for the area's Victoria quilts groups. I also want to give my GF Heather a call, after the terrible accident they had on their way to Florida. I know they will want to go back down as soon as she is better. I think I might offer to fly there with her, if her husband is still planning on driving there. He could go down with a nephew. It could be a mini vacation for me and an opportunity to check out some quilt stores. I am just not certain how their home in Fort Meyers Beach was affected by Michael. Another friend who was in the Carolinas when Michael hit, has made it safely back home.

I plan on having a good day, despite it all. Tonight I am going out with GFs Pat and Connie at a nice Portuguese restaurant.

Enjoy your day. Be safe. Stay warm. Stay dry. Sending hugs and good wishes for all in need.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

11. Thanks Star lover, Carolnnc thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

So much to do, laundry, cleaning out fridge, etc. that I wore myself out just thinking about the chores to be done. DH is resting today as he wore himself out yesterday, I think the errands, food shopping and PT all in one afternoon was a bit too much for him.

He didn't remember to pick up my meds from the supermarket but that can wait a few days until I go there. Have't had any difficulties with RX from supermarket but we've been taking some pills for quite some time and recognize them and their dosages. Pharmacist tells us if the color or shape has changed due to another brand. Our RX plan encourages us to use their Mail RX but they tend to re-order pills before we need them or order changes that our doctor hasn't discussed with us. Still would rather go to my favorite pharmacist, DS#1, but can't get long term RXs there, only 30 day supplies and his shop is over an hour away. I have him check everything when he visits us every week or so. Still it's wise to keep a good check on all the meds we take.

On a Happier note it's not raining this morning and no evidence it rained during the night. Enjoy your day whatever it holds for you. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WEDNESDAY SNOOPY.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	49.4 KB 
ID:	155619
    MissMay AKA May in Jersey

13. Thanks Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Carolnnc thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Afternoon all.

Home school done, half of the quilting on the baby quilt done, even with the nonstop phone calls. Geez Louise, is every charity running a fund raiser this month? No more answering the phone unless the ID shows someone I really want to talk to for today! I'm tired of the up and down while I'm trying to quilt.

My feed dogs are stuck in the up position so there's just straightish line quilting going on. I've got to take my Husky in to have some spa time.

I've been on the phone with consumer cellular, Mike's phone number called someone, but he didn't make the call. Nothing can be done, short of changing phone numbers again. I asked what we could do to protect our numbers, not much. Seems like every time they make a security upgrade, the spoofers figure out a way around it. Sigh, why do people have to be so dishonest?

Great news from UConn. Jerrod is up there for another round of post therapy tests. According to Dr. Weinstein. "S***t, you're liver is so small." Jerrod was shocked that the word came out of his drs mouth, but tickled that his liver is even smaller than last time. Then they did the fasting blood work. 7 1/2 hours without any type of corn starch or food.... that's simply amazing for a kid that was having to take cornstarch every three hours or his blood sugar would drop to next to nothing. I'm so excited for him! I know Dr. Weinstein is thrilled with his progress. lol, and Duke is eating crow in their 'do nothing different because it's too dangerous' attitude.

Time to get back to quilting.

Prayers for those in need. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

15. Thanks Star lover, Carolnnc thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Id say good morning, but morning is long gone. DH left early for his writing class at the Sr Center and then he was meeting DGS (15) (who got out of school 2 hrs early today) to go fishing. They've just taken up the hobby and both are having so much fun. And can I just say I'm LOVING the quiet time it gives me. I was going to spend the morning in the sewing room, but decided to go to Hobby Lobby instead. I just spent a couple of hours strolling through the store - didn't buy much, but had a grand time. Stopped by the Giant for a couple of things and picked up a frozen Lean Cuisine pizza for my lunch. I have pork chops with mushroom soup in the crock pot for dinner, and I think I'm going to curl up with my kindle for the rest of my "me" time.

Have a great day everyone.

17. Thanks Star lover, Carolnnc thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I don't recall ever having a problem with the accuracy of dispensing meds from our Walmart Pharmacy. Sometimes they might not have something in stock or not enough of an item, but it's always been accurate. We request refills before we run out. We've used the Humana WM plan for the past few years. The first year we had it, there was no deductible, but now I think the deductible has gone up to $400. Since DH doesn't use many Rx's, he never meets the deductible. But Medicare D requires one to have a drug plan whether it's needed it or not.

19. Thanks Star lover thanked for this post