Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Jenny's Favorite Things -- Christmas Edition

Guess it was popular.

I'm not a fan of surprise boxes - they take advantage of FOMO and usually I would be happier spending the same amount on stuff I know for sure that I want, even if I get less of it.

2. Thanks Momof05kids thanked for this post
    Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

I did order this so I will let you know as I unveil. I typically do not do these surprise gifts either but when is the last time you were surprised or excited about opening a present? so I figured why not? The price was a on the higher side but I really wanted it. I am so excited to open one each day. Yay me!

4. Thanks 201 Treadler, Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Momof05kids View Post
    I did order this so I will let you know as I unveil. I typically do not do these surprise gifts either but when is the last time you were surprised or excited about opening a present? so I figured why not? The price was a on the higher side but I really wanted it. I am so excited to open one each day. Yay me!
    Last time I was surprised was last year when I opened gifts from my Secret Santa Astatoo. I received 12 wonderful useful gifts that she wrapped in fabric from an accomplished quilter. It was my first year and it was very exciting.

6. Thanks 201 Treadler thanked for this post
    Beginning Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

From all of the previous comments about THE BOX from M*, I realize that all of you must have been quilting/sewing for a very long time! For me, I ordered it as a Christmas Gift to myself. I am new to quilting (did not even sew before), so I am hoping that everything in the box will be an item that I have not had to purchase in the last few months I have been able to return to learning how to quilt (I had to stop for a couple of years due to degrading health of my husband who died last August). Not having a large family and not a lot of friends who exchange gifts with me, I decided that this would be a good pick-me-up and I know my hubby would not mind my splurging for Christmas. I am using a table in the utility room and placed a miniature christmas tree and some ornaments, then placed all the wrapped gifts on the table in order of opening. First opening is tomorrow (Saturday, Dec. 1) and every day for 25 days will be like Christmas. Hope all of you have a wonderful, merry and blessed Christmas.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Merry Christmas to me 2018 (1).jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	201.5 KB 
ID:	156197  

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tigeradw View Post
    From all of the previous comments about THE BOX from M*, I realize that all of you must have been quilting/sewing for a very long time! For me, I ordered it as a Christmas Gift to myself. I am new to quilting (did not even sew before), so I am hoping that everything in the box will be an item that I have not had to purchase in the last few months I have been able to return to learning how to quilt (I had to stop for a couple of years due to degrading health of my husband who died last August). Not having a large family and not a lot of friends who exchange gifts with me, I decided that this would be a good pick-me-up and I know my hubby would not mind my splurging for Christmas. I am using a table in the utility room and placed a miniature christmas tree and some ornaments, then placed all the wrapped gifts on the table in order of opening. First opening is tomorrow (Saturday, Dec. 1) and every day for 25 days will be like Christmas. Hope all of you have a wonderful, merry and blessed Christmas.
    Welcome back to the quilting world. I don't doubt that your Husband would want you to be happy and to give yourself the gifts. I hope you find joy in each and every package, and I believe your Husband will be by your side in spirit as you unwrap each and every one of them, and he'll be smiling. Wishing you a joyful and blessed Christmas.

9. Thanks MSN, 201 Treadler thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

tigeradw, I think "the box" is perfect for someone new to quilting. Looking back to when I first started quilting I would have been over the moon to have all those surprise packages. I hope you have a blast all month long and let us know how you made out. Happy Christmas!

11. Thanks MSN, 201 Treadler thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caroline T. View Post
    Welcome back to the quilting world. I don't doubt that your Husband would want you to be happy and to give yourself the gifts. I hope you find joy in each and every package, and I believe your Husband will be by your side in spirit as you unwrap each and every one of them, and he'll be smiling. Wishing you a joyful and blessed Christmas.
    In total agreement! I hope this brightens your spirits as you open each gift - and we would all love to know what is in each one!
    Donna

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tigeradw View Post
    I hope you find joy in opening each gift.

Maybe next year you'd like to join the Secret Santa group. My husband encouraged me to join it this year. I'm so glad he did. It's given me a focus for each month and a chance to 'get out of my own head'.

I hope your holidays are filled with peace and joy.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back to quilting. I hope you enjoy each and every surprise from Jenny. Merry Christmas to you. Please start a new thread on December 26 to tell us what you received!
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Well I said I would post but my pics seem to be too big....so far I have been disappointed but its still fun. First day, Package of sewing bandaids and a rotary blade, day 2: little scissors, day 3: Quilting sticker. My daughter opened day 4 (retractable tape measure). Oh well... I did get warned. Just not worth the $8 a day that someone mentioned in an earlier post. Hopefully they get nicer as you go up the calendar