Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wine Totes?????

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wine Totes?????

I made several of those cute bags that Terry was making a few weeks ago.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	quilited-totes.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	155593

Yesterday I showed them to my DDIL and she immediately thought they were double wine totes. She especially liked that they stood up by themselves, which is thanks to that In-R Foam. Well that got me to thinking - why not??? So this am I got online and tried to find a pattern using the In-R Foam to make a double wine tote - no luck.

So my brain has been on overdrive trying to figure out how to do that. Could I simply sew it down the middle (the bottom is boxed)...or should I try to make some sort of divider - and how would that attach.

Any suggestions????

2. Thanks cv quilter, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Wine Totes?????

Very cute bags indeed! I'm impressed!

I haven't been brave enough to try to many any, so I'm no help. But we sure do have some experts here, so I hope they give you some help.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I don't see why you couldn't sew down the middle and my opinion would be you needn't go all the way to the bottom just very close to it.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Monique View Post
    I don't see why you couldn't sew down the middle and my opinion would be you needn't go all the way to the bottom just very close to it.
    That was kinda of my thought too Monique. I can't try it with these because I put pockets on the inside. But the next one I make I'll eliminate the pockets and give it a whirl. thanks

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Star lover View Post
    Very cute bags indeed! I'm impressed!

I haven't been brave enough to try to many any, so I'm no help. But we sure do have some experts here, so I hope they give you some help.
    Thanks Anita. You really should give them a try....they're not hard and are in fact lots of fun to make. Here is a link to the turorial

https://quiltingtutorials.com/tutori...-vargas-wilson

7. Thanks Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Try pinning the bag with a couple bottles inside and see how it works. Normally there is a fabric divider inside so the bag isn't pulled out of shape.
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by K. McEuen View Post
    Try pinning the bag with a couple bottles inside and see how it works. Normally there is a fabric divider inside so the bag isn't pulled out of shape.
    Great idea Karen - I'll give that a try - Thanks

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

What a great idea. My suggestion is to make a removable divider using the In-R-Foam since it is rigid and can stand alone without sewn support. It will keep the bottles separated and cushioned plus your project will be a dual purpose tote. I think you have inspired many and I can see this being a nice hostess gift during the holidays.

Hindsight thought: make the divider longer than height of tote, then sew a seam across width to fold to one side. The folded side will be underneath one bottle.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I think snowbird has a better idea. I believe if you sew down the middle it will distort the bag.
    I think you could make the infoam piece and if you wanted it permanent sew it into the bottom of the bag and use snaps at the top.
    My other thought would be to just make them narrower and make single wine totes.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe you could just sew on the divider on one side, so you could fold it out to go between the two bottles. That way, the tote could still be used full size if needed.