Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wine Totes?????

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Wine Totes?????

I found some two bottle tote patterns on Pinterest.

https://www.pinterest.com/search/pin...&etslf=3648&te

Lorie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have sewn a divider in similar bags. I don't attach to the bottom only side seams. It makes kind of an "S" separating the bottles
    “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Bags designed to hold camera equipment use Velcro to attach the dividers. Maybe sew a strip of pile Velcro down the center of each side of your lining, then make your divider wide enough to sew the hook Velcro on both long edges. That way you can remove the divider if you aren''t carrying bottles.

4. Thanks cv quilter thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
    Bags designed to hold camera equipment use Velcro to attach the dividers. Maybe sew a strip of pile Velcro down the center of each side of your lining, then make your divider wide enough to sew the hook Velcro on both long edges. That way you can remove the divider if you aren''t carrying bottles.
    Totally genius! This is a great and very smart solution.
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I think easiest solution would be to make a simple oblong wrap for one of the bottles and close it with velcro. make it long enough to accommodate different bottle sizes. No bottles banging around and a really fast fix. I don't see a need for two wraps.

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Atkinson Designs has a pattern- "Wine and Dine" bag that has a zippered top and a divider inside to separate 2 bottles of wine. It is an easy pattern and makes a really nice lunch bag as well as the wine tote. I made the wine tote for my daughter and she loved it so much that she asked if I could make it big enough to carry 4 bottles of wine. It took some brain power (and I lost a few brain cells) to get it tall enough and wide enough for the 4 bottles with dividers. I used soft and stable and it came out great. The inside dividers are made and then sewn into the bag as you make it, attaching to the sides only but tall enough to keep the bottles from clinking against each other. Check out that pattern as a starting point for what you are trying to do.
    The pattern may save you some brain cells......

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy224 View Post
    Atkinson Designs has a pattern- "Wine and Dine" bag that has a zippered top and a divider inside to separate 2 bottles of wine. It is an easy pattern and makes a really nice lunch bag as well as the wine tote. I made the wine tote for my daughter and she loved it so much that she asked if I could make it big enough to carry 4 bottles of wine. It took some brain power (and I lost a few brain cells) to get it tall enough and wide enough for the 4 bottles with dividers. I used soft and stable and it came out great. The inside dividers are made and then sewn into the bag as you make it, attaching to the sides only but tall enough to keep the bottles from clinking against each other. Check out that pattern as a starting point for what you are trying to do.
    The pattern may save you some brain cells......
    I'll have to check out this pattern - thanks

Prairie Pointer

I'm lucky enough to live in both DeLand, Florida and Waymart, Pennslyvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Snip Snip.. I was just thinking of that "fold out of the way" idea. Love the diversity of totes.

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a pdf for a two bottle wine tote. If you don't want to change bag patterns maybe you can use this to add to yours. There are other tutorials and videos out there. http://www.sewmamasew.com/december2014/WineBag.pdf

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Snip Snip View Post
    Maybe you could just sew on the divider on one side, so you could fold it out to go between the two bottles. That way, the tote could still be used full size if needed.
    Great solution. Multipurpose. Just create the divider making sure it is a bit shorter than the height of the finished bag once you square the corners and sew it to one side of the lining (kind of like a door on its hinges)
    Last edited by MHG Winnower; October 18th, 2018 at 11:31 AM.
    “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
    “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown