Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Why can I no longer post pictures to the Forum or create albums?!

I have been creating multiple albums & posting pictures to the chat Forum since I became a member. Now I keep getting a red exclamation mark that says my files are too big. I'm using the same camera I've always used. My computer has a Shrink Pictures program that downsizes the pics. Nothing has changed on my end. What's changed with the Forum?! I want to continue to Show & Tell my quilts & share pictures. I'm very frustrated!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Why can I no longer post pictures to the Forum or create albums?!

I'm not sure what the problem is but the process I use is to take the pic with the camera and then put it in my Paint Shop Pro and down size it to about 300x300 or 400x400 or close to it depending on the original dimensions. One time I did notice that I hadn't realized that I had clicked something on my camera and the size had changed to gigantic. Then I had to read the manual to figure out how to get it back down to a reasonable size LOL

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Why can I no longer post pictures to the Forum or create albums?!

Joy, Have you tried a different program for sizing? I right click on a picture and when the menu comes down I click on Paint. Then, click Resize and mark the box that says Pixels. There are already numbers in the boxes, so change whichever box has the larger number to 800. The other box will change itself. Click the upper left corner and select Save As and give your picture a name and then select where you want to find that file (I put mine on Desktop). When you are ready to use the picture click over to Desktop and go from there. This may sound confusing but it has always worked for me and it's simple.