Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now óoró

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Default How long does an order take

I placed an order with M*** on 10/6 and they just shipped it yesterday and I will not receive it until 10/17. Does it normally take this long to receive orders from them? I placed orders the same day or thereabouts, some even after from FQS, Etsy & Hannocks and I received them all. Iíve been out of the quilting scene for two years so itís been awhile since I placed an order, but does it normally take this long to get an order from them? I was so looking forward to starting my flower mandala quilt this weekend,oh well I guess it will be next weekend
    Happy Quilting
    Evelyn

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: How long does an order take

My orders seem to take a really long time. The fault doesn't seem to lie with M*, but that they are shipped USPS Post. Which is UPS starts the ball and USPS finishes it. Our mail service is the pits, so it takes a looooong time. I have finally just relax and wait.....impatiently! So sorry you're not able to start your project when you wanted.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It seems since the fall of 2016, M* has had shipping issues. Especially if the order ships Surepost (via UPS, then USPS for delivery). You are at the mercy of where sorting distributions are (many have closed in recent years). Although, a recent order I had back on 08/19/18 (2 charm packs and 1 layer cake) shipped Surepost and it took 10 days to receive. it was 5 days before it left Hamilton before heading to Vermont. the closest sorting distribution where I live is routed in New Hampshire.......M* openly admitted it should NOT have taken as long as it did to send 3 pre-cuts of fabric. I have been requesting for quite sometime, that M* customers be able to choose what method of shipping they want versus what is chosen.....
    And since free shipping is being offered today? I am sure most of it will be sent Surepost and they orders will get behind this week!
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I guess for delivery in the US, it may seem like a long time. I figure it is the popularity and volume of orders that may cause issues. That is a good thing, as this means things are good for M*.

I'm in Canada, and orders can take an average of 3 weeks in the past few years. When I started ordering in 2015, it would take about 10 days for M*, and 6 for Connecting Threads. cT is still faster. About 10 days now. Once it reaches customs, it's 1-2 days.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

Here in Colorado I have ordered once and got the package within 5days.
    I have an order coming and it is scheduled to arive Saturday. That makes it 5 days as well.

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

Don’t put all the blame on the postal service. I have been disappointed with shipping from MSQC for over a year. If I order the DD by itself, it’s no biggie - it ships the same day or next day. But add yardage and it takes a week or more. Just my opinion, but I should not have to email them (forget about calling unless you have time to wait on hold) about an order that was placed five, seven, TEN days ago. The icing on the cake: getting a reply to my email saying “we can’t find the yardage” or “we ran out of your items” after a week. I’ve canceled orders and moved on to other suppliers.
    I have taken their surveys and expressed my frustrations but I never get replies. I usually receive an email after I’ve interacted with customer service, asking me how the rep did in resolving my issue. I don’t even complete the surveys anymore - I don’t want someone in customer service to be blamed for the actions of someone in the warehouse.
    I’m sure I’ll be flamed for my comments but that’s life. If you can take anything away from this, I’d suggest you be vigilant and patient when ordering your fabric.

Liz

7. Thanks auntstuff thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that the mail service is not as good as it used to be. Under the old system, & before M*'s shipping slow-down, I would get a pkg. (if pre-cuts) shipped the same day or the next & get it priority mail in 2 days. Not so anymore, but I still find fabric at M* at a reasonable price that I can't find other places. Usually I'm not in a hurry, so if it takes 5-10 days, or even 2 wks., I'm not concerned. It's no biggie. I never order anything for which I'm in a hurry or have a time limit. My LQS (under new ownership) has raised the prices on all it's incoming bolts of fabric to $11.95 & $12.95/yd. (They used to be $9.95/yd.) Even with the shipping fee of $5. it's still cheaper to order from M*.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I've not had an issue with MSQC shipping, BUT I seldom order yardage that has to be cut and I don't order online if I'm needing something in a hurry. I ordered the precut DD yesterday and got a shipped notice last night.
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Cut yardage from M seems to take at least 2 weeks. I ordered 8 days ago and it is still waiting to be cut. FQS usually arrives in a week, even for cut yardage. Fabric.com is super fast, 3-4 days. They have a lot of wide backs to choose from but they dont have the precuts you can buy at M and FQS. I like the charm packs myself so mostly use M and FQS.

11. Thanks auntstuff thanked for this post
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with LittleLiz it took M more thane 6 days just to cut and ship, then because of the shipping method they used it’s goung to take another 6-7 days to get to me. So it is not entirely the postal service. Like jjkaiser said all the other online fabric stores are so much quicker whether or not there’s yardage in the order. I learned how to quilt from Jenny when she had her Quilting Quickly classes on Craftsy so I really try to order from them whenever I can, but this makes it really difficult,
    Happy Quilting
    Evelyn

13. Thanks auntstuff thanked for this post