Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Thread: Thursday hellos

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thursday hellos

Good morning friends. I think we are going to have another warm day today. I wish it would stay like this until spring. I got out yesterday early as I had an oil change done on van. Headed out to Ottawa and got my tomatoes and fixings to make salsa. Then I headed out to my friend's house. Well lo and behold the paper piecing expert friend I met was there. Boy was I glad to see her as I had brought a small project with me that I didn't have a clue on how to start. She had helped me earlier in the year with my wall hanging.

Check her out here: http://www.quiltworx.com/instructors/sherida-giddings/

And so I received the instructions I needed to continue my paper piecing project. I really don't like paper piecing but I am making something for a swap. I was really glad I had decided to go.

Les was home early in the day and called me to tell me so. I was home around dinnertime but made a pit stop in the area that had the tornadoes a couple of weeks back. This is the same area that my Mom used to live in and also where I went to high school. The school wasn't touched but the street just before was total devastation. I could not believe my eyes. Just very hard to imagine.

So I guess today I am making salsa. Unless hubby has something he wants to do instead but it better be good.

Hoping those in the path of Michael are safe.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks Carolnnc, SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Thursday hellos

Mornin Monique and all the sewing ma end out there.....

Wow, your frien Sherida does fantastic work! Heckled out your link.......amazing!

Well, since I couldn't see my mom and give her her quilt, I shipped it. She got it yesterday.......she was crying on the phone, she loved it! Made my year! Just wished I could have seen her, when she opened it. We both have iPads and face time......she can't figure out how to use it.

Well we've headed into fall......I think. Today's only to get into the 60's.....far cry from the 90's and 80's of the last few weeks. And low and behold......not much rain for the next week......might just get to see some sun! Yippee!

Hope all is well with everyone, have a wonderful, creative, joyful day!
    Anita

4. Thanks Carolnnc, SuzanneOrleansOntario, pcbatiks, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning Monique, Anita and all those that follow.

Yesterday was spent waiting for all of those bands of winds and rain that the weather folks called for, but Michael had other ideas. He tightened up and on our side of the state we didn't see a whole lot of anything. It was oppressively hot and breezy and while we were out, there was a tornado sighted on the other side of Jacksonville. The devastation on the panhandle is a different matter. Michael is a fast, naughty beast that's for sure. Those in GA, SC, and NC, please stay safe and take all of the precautions you can.

Went to Joanne's and picked up some more purple to bind Hope's quilt. I wasn't thinking about making the purple the binding until I picked out the backing. So I didn't get enough. Oh well, there's plenty now. While we were out, we tried out a new restaurant. It was really good, but over priced to me. Next week, there won't be any eating out while Mike is out of town, so a grocery trip this weekend is on the books.

Prayers of protection for those in Michael's path, past and present. Prayers for those in need, and prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

6. Thanks Star lover, Carolnnc, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all. I am with you Monique-I could take our warm weather until spring too. One more warm day until we get cooler weather. I have a message this morning, and an orthopedic appt this afternoon. I will see what other ideas she has regarding my back pain. I did get all the pieces cut out for my Take 5 quilt. Now to separate all the pieces.
    Beth

8. Thanks Star lover, Carolnnc, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Not much news since I posted later in the day yest. It still looks wet outside; it's 40 deg. It might get to the mid-40's today. I haven't planned my day yet, but I do need to run the vacuum, do some business on the phone, & hopefully get more FMQ done. I quilted only a short time yest. eve. when the bobbin ran out. So by the time I filled 2 more bobbins, cleaned & oiled the bobbin area, there was no more time. I watched Survivor at 7 p.m.

The pics. of damage done by Hurricane Michael reveal what a powerful storm it was. Recovery will take a long time.

Have a good Thursday.

10. Thanks Star lover, Carolnnc, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Michaels winds woke me in the wee hours, the rain is coming in sheets and I guess will be all day. I know it is devastating for those who actually were in the hurricane. Havent' watched the new s yet. It is certainly dark and gloomy here.
    finished sanding my walking stick last night and got the first coat of oil on it. I will steel wool sand it this afternoon and put another coat of oil on it . DH said 10 coats will make it "slicker'n glass". We'll see how I feel about that.
    Going to sandwich a top today to take with me to get the new sewing machine. DD said she would help me learn to embroider quilt and we will practice together on that top and see how I do. I want to make sure that I can use this machine by myself when I show it to DH. I want him to be happy for me.
    Life is good. Praying for all those in need.

12. Thanks Star lover, Carolnnc, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Everyone...I'm determined to have a slow day. Jeff has to work a double shift so I won't have to do any cooking today. The Girls are still sleeping and I'm doing a little sewing and laundry.

Hurricane Michael was really devastating. My SILs house was fine, as they live quite a way inland. So many lost everything. My heart goes out to them.

Wishing everyone a good day.

14. Thanks Star lover, Carolnnc thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning ladies,

We are gloomy and drizzly today, but nothing like damage that Michael's has and will be doing. I still. I have not heard from my GF who left Monday to Fort Meyers Beach. I do hope they are safe.

Monique - Sherida is a member of our guild. My first year of quilting, I took one of her classes for the One Leaf. Needless to say, I bought more patterns to make, but on my Wish list to make.

Today, cancelled quilt day with GF. My DH & I have to meet with his accountant in Carleton Place, so we will also go to one of my favorite LQS. I will see if I can schedule 2 days for renting LA. I want to get our king-size Christmas quilt done, and maybe a smaller one. My son will be coming for dinner, so I need to get back early afternoon. I will make him a batch of vegetable soup. This is his 4th week of training, and appreciates quick and healthy meals from mom.

Gotta run. Have a good day. Be careful and stay safe if you are in the path of bad weather.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

16. Thanks Star lover, Carolnnc thanked for this post