Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: quilt kits

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: quilt kits

I have purchased about 7 or 8 kits from Connecting Threads site. Finished all of them and want you to know you always have a lot of left over fabric to add to your stash. Sometimes I will buy a kit on sale because I want it for the fabrics not to make the kit.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11-19-14 007.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	195.7 KB 
ID:	155503

2. Thanks cv quilter, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I've only purchased 1 kit and it sits waiting to be made. I bought it cause I loved the fabric, loved the pattern.....REALLY loved the price. It had been reduced the last day of a quilt show and they had had it several years in their shop and wanted to get rid of it. Otherwise I wouldn't have bought it. It will get made.......I hope, someday.

Somehow it's kinda of a UFO in my mind......and then ......it's not.......I try hard not to think to hard on it. It's there.....waiting.....
    Anita

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I bought one kit from Connecting threads and wow...the left over fabric was amazing. Don't know what I'll do with those left overs because I've already got a big quilt made from them. Then, I bought one from M* because it had the pieces already cut out for me and I thought that would be cool. It was missing 4 pieces. M* was great and made it up to me though.
    Then, recently I purchased another from M* but it is fabric, not pieces. It has a cool pattern and was on sale. Still it was pricey but I thought it might get me out of my funk. I have another kit that my DD bought and decided she didn't like the fabric so she gave it to me. I'm not crazy about the fabric either. It looks like Easter fabric, maybe someday.
    I have several stacks of fabrics that I have put together for projects when I get time. So I guess they are UFO's...or maybe they are just my "in case I can't afford to buy any fabric" stash.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I got one when I first started, I thought I liked it but turns out the colors aren't my favorite so it is still unfinished 4 yrs later.

Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

I only count projects started that are incomplete as a UFO, quilt kits are my stash for rainy days, I think I have about 35 kits stored in 3 large totes.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Navas View Post
    I have two kits that I know are over 25 years . . . does that count?
    Nah, I don't think so. The time for that is probably seven years so you can't be held responsible.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Recently I bought a quilt kit from Donna Jordan, she had a tutorial using the same fabric and that is what I ordered. I was a little disappointed in the fabric as it looked rather washed out, not sharp like the tube showed me. I made the quilt and not completely satisfied with it. Oh, it was a Rail & Fence pattern. Sometimes the tube is misleading.
    Linda