Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I'm trading in my machine...AGAIN!!

Your post seems to reflect my own thoughts. I know they will not give me actual money back and since my DD's are happy with their Topaz 50's, I'm thinking this is better than just throwing in the towel and starting over completely. If I had bought this machine 3 years ago, it would have 3 yrs wear and tear on it and this way I do start completely fresh. I have read the reviews on the 965q and it seems they have some definite wear problems whereas, most of the negative reviews on the Topaz have seemed to be user problems, not computer problems. I really just don't feel I have many options, so I am going to go into this with a positive attitude and learn a new skill at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by oldmanquilts View Post
    Doesn't sound like a "deal" to me, but it may be the best the dealer can do- especially if they're a low volume dealer. My guess is the dealer isn't going to get much more than a warranty repair credit from SVP. So, she's stuck with your old machine, even though it has been fixed. Unless you are willing to suffer a huge loss, changing brands isn't really an option. The dealer will get zero help from the supplier on this transaction.

In your shoes I'd go for the upgrade- put all this behind you, and hope for the best. I'm sure it will be fine. SVP really doesn't want this happening to their machines, but stuff happens. It is afterall an electro-mechanical device, and I don't know of any that are trouble free. We could only wish that dealing with a large conglomerate like SVP wasn't so "impossible."

2. Thanks Star lover, cv quilter thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I hope you enjoy your Topaz 50 as much as I do. I still haven't bitten the bullet on the embroidery but I finally got my UFO pile done so now I will have time.
    ATTITUDE IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ORDEAL AND AN ADVENTURE

4. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

You know, Terry, NONE of us (including ME) have all the answers and can only 'what if' the situation. You, and only you, have a lot of experience and you know what your true options are. Go with your gut! You will have a new machine, you will be able to move on, and we can bask in your happiness with your new machine. Truthfully, I think sometimes it's best not to ask for advice,, but also it's best for us to not offer it. I'm excited to hear that you are finally happy with your new machine.
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you. I just wish she had it in stock so I didn't have a week to have my gut flip flop with should I, would I , could I, will I's. DH is not helping. He goes from wanting me to have it to thinking I'm throwing good money after bad. I don't want to live with the I told you so's. The forums support is what I am looking to. I have ordered it, told her I would take it and I am not one to not honor my word , so I think this is probably a done deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by cv quilter View Post
    You know, Terry, NONE of us (including ME) have all the answers and can only 'what if' the situation. You, and only you, have a lot of experience and you know what your true options are. Go with your gut! You will have a new machine, you will be able to move on, and we can bask in your happiness with your new machine. Truthfully, I think sometimes it's best not to ask for advice,, but also it's best for us to not offer it. I'm excited to hear that you are finally happy with your new machine.

7. Thanks Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Terry, you go girl!! We will all be happy for you. You know, I just upgraded (yes, more $) from a BL Elissimo to a BL Destiny (used). Stiil a sizeable output of $ for us. Fred was all in favor, I was excited, then went through the whole gut wrenching flip flop, what have I done, I can't do this. BUT, like you, I had given my word and a machine was reserved for me and they were counting on my following through. I am happy and thrilled that I did not call and rescind on my order (I came "this" close) I love the new/used machine. You will be, too, with yours. Be sure to tell us all about your new machine and what you plan to do with her. You are going to LOVE machine embroidery. There are so many wonderful things you can do with it..including quilting!

9. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully it will be in the shop by tomorrow. My plan is to go to DD's and pick up the machine and she is going to help me learn. I have a quilt top finished and will sandwich it today and she believes that if we embroider quilt it this weekend, by the time I am finished I will be confident enough to do this on my own. My learning curve is pretty steep since I am a little memory challenged and shape dyslexic and not at all sure of mechanical devices. But, I am sort ofexcited.
    Terry, you go girl!! We will all be happy for you. You know, I just upgraded (yes, more $) from a BL Elissimo to a BL Destiny (used). Stiil a sizeable output of $ for us. Fred was all in favor, I was excited, then went through the whole gut wrenching flip flop, what have I done, I can't do this. BUT, like you, I had given my word and a machine was reserved for me and they were counting on my following through. I am happy and thrilled that I did not call and rescind on my order (I came "this" close) I love the new/used machine. You will be, too, with yours. Be sure to tell us all about your new machine and what you plan to do with her. You are going to LOVE machine embroidery. There are so many wonderful things you can do with it..including quilting!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! You already have a plan for a learning project. What fun! You are going to have a blast and will be amazed at what an embroidery machine can do. Pictures when you get finished, please.

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on your machine! You will love the features on this machine; the camera, laser light, built-in stippling, etc.

13. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda K View Post
    Congrats on your machine! You will love the features on this machine; the camera, laser light, built-in stippling, etc.
    a camera? I didn't know. So much to explore. I really can't wait.

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grammaterry View Post
    a camera? I didn't know. So much to explore. I really can't wait.

Terry,

Sorry if I confused the decision process. My reply was about CV quilter's new destiny machine. The camera scans the hoop area and you can see the placement of the EMB design or machine stitches on the fabric. The laser light is helpful as it shows where the stitches will be. Nice for matching points, etc. Again, sorry for the mix-up.

16. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post