Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm trading in my machine...AGAIN!!

Saturday I was doing a leisurely day in my sewing room and whoa...my 9 month old 965Q Husqvarna that had the motor (among other things)replaced one month ago, started acting like it had a short in it. It would stop with the needle down, then would not go, unless I turned the wheel backwards a little then it would surge forth and zoom really fast then stop again. Nothing seemed to fix it. I turned it off, unplugged it and tried three times.
    I texted the owner of the shop where I purchased it and she suggested I update it with a USB stick. I went to the website but couldn't figure it out.
    On Sunday, I tried it again and it worked for about 20 minutes and then we repeated Saturdays performance. Today, I tried to call the customer support line but they were closed for Columbus Day. So I called the LQS where I purchased the machine and told her how unhappy I have been about these two issues. She has offered to give me full credit for the purchase of the machine toward a Topaz 50. There is a price difference and I have decided to pay it and move forward with a new machine.
    I think she is being more than generous to replace the machine. She offered me the new Brilliance 75Q for $550 difference, The topaz 50for $700 or she even said I could have a brand new 965Q for $150 more. I am going to pick it up either Saturday or Monday. I think I have made the right decision and I think it might even be fun to learn to embroider.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I'm trading in my machine...AGAIN!!

Sorry for your problems, Terry. It sounds like the store is willing to work with you. I hope all will work out well.

3. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I know all about your kind of frustration with your machine. Congratulations of deciding to go with a new machine. I know you will love doing machine embroidery....very addicting.

5. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so glad your shop is willing to work with you! Hoping your new baby will be a gem and not a dud!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

7. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad your LQS is making a decent offer to replace it. I haven't had issues with my Huskies, but you do sew a lot.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

9. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Glad your dealer is working with you.

11. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Like I said, I think she is being more than generous to make me several options to choose from. They said they would replace all the mother boards and electronics under the warranty if I wanted to keep my machine. I just think I'm over it. I admit, I use my machine a lot, but isn't that the reason I bought a great machine in the first place...? My daughter thinks that the $700 is a lot of money extra but, I think this is probably an upgrade from the machine I have. I still have time to change my mind if you all have any input...I'm listening.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I am sorry to hear about your frustrations and trouble with your machine.

Do you mainly straight stitch or do you use decorative stitches too? Have you considered a straight stitch only machine? Would that work?

Have you done machine EMB before? It is addicting. LOL. If you decide to get one with embroidery check for the hoop size and design capabilities. As these machines are getting bigger, the designs are too. There are vendors with small designs available though.

The dealer seems genuinely interested in assisting to make the situation right for you. It sounds like a great opportunity to upgrade if you desir. Do they sell other brands that you can demo?

Best wishes in your decision about a new machine.

PS: Wanted to add... I started with two separate machines, one for EMB and one for sewing. Last year I changed to just a combo machine. It's not too bad to switch out between set-ups.
    Last edited by Rhonda K; October 8th, 2018 at 10:00 PM.

14. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

The only upgrade available would be for the Husqvarna line. The shop also sells babylocks but they won't give me my total purchase price back on my machine unless I trade for another Viking.
    After making so many quilts last year, I'm thinking doing something different might be fun. Learning something new never hurts and starting over fresh might make a good attitude adjustment. lol. Both of my DD"s have the Topaz 50 so I will be able to ask for help if I get frustrated. That played into my decision making.
    I've never EMB before. The machine comes with two hoops. My DD's said that they will give me the designs they have purchased so I will have plenty to work with. (not sure what that means, but like I said, I'm up for a new learning experience)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda K View Post
    I am sorry to hear about your frustrations and trouble with your machine.

Do you mainly straight stitch or do you use decorative stitches too? Have you considered a straight stitch only machine? Would that work?

Have you done machine EMB before? It is addicting. LOL. If you decide to get one with embroidery check for the hoop size and design capabilities. As these machines are getting bigger, the designs are too. There are vendors with small designs available though.

The dealer seems genuinely interested in assisting to make the situation right for you. It sounds like a great opportunity to upgrade if you desir. Do they sell other brands that you can demo?

Best wishes in your decision about a new machine.

PS: Wanted to add... I started with two separate machines, one for EMB and one for sewing. Last year I changed to just a combo machine. It's not too bad to switch out between set-ups.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Terry, MOVE FORWARD! I think you are going to enjoy the option to do embroidery, too, besides quilting. You are a dynamo, you have much to do. You will be able to do sew much more with the new machine. Wonderful that your dealer is willing to give you options. Let us know what you decide....I know what I would decide.
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

17. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post