Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Beginning Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What do you take to Quilt Retreats/Classes? How do you pack it all in?

Quote Originally Posted by jjmanago View Post
    For those with a machine just for retreats, what do you have? I only have my primary which is huge and heavy. I bought my DGD a little sewing machine for Christmas that her mother says can only stay at my house. Thought about using that but when I tried to use it I found it wasn’t very accurate and the stitches weren’t neat and pretty. It’ll work for touch ups and for a first machine for her but unfortunately not for me.

JM
    I have a Pfaff Passport 3.0. It's a perfect little machine for travel. The power cord and foot pedal fit into the top of the carrying case, and the extension table has it's own case which attaches to the carrying case. The other benefit is that I don't need to mess around with a walking foot since it has one built in (the Pfaff IDT system). Everything is in one neat little package!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What do you take to Quilt Retreats/Classes? How do you pack it all in?

Quote Originally Posted by jjmanago View Post
    For those with a machine just for retreats, what do you have? I only have my primary which is huge and heavy. I bought my DGD a little sewing machine for Christmas that her mother says can only stay at my house. Thought about using that but when I tried to use it I found it wasn’t very accurate and the stitches weren’t neat and pretty. It’ll work for touch ups and for a first machine for her but unfortunately not for me.

JM
    I bought a Featherweight for retreats and classes. It is small, and sews a great stitch. I can put it in a rolling trolley and have plenty of space for my notions and fabrics.

3. Thanks Claire Hallman thanked for this post