Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now óoró

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Make a "Time to Sew" quilt with Jenny!!

My Creative Grids rulers work just fine for squaring up. Any ruler that has that diagonal line across will work for squaring up. I use my 6.5" ruler the most for any block that is that size or smaller.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I love the clearly perfect trimmer and think it is well worth the price. You actually get 2 rulers in the package. It makes trimming so fast; I usually can make just one cut vs the time it takes to line up the diagonal line, cutting 2 sides then flipping the block, lining up the diagonal again and cutting the other 2 sides.
    Michele

To the world you may be one person. But to one person you may be the world.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I too have the clearly perfect trimmer.... I love it. Was shy of the price at first, but the investment was so worth it. I hate squaring up. but, you can do it with one slice with this trimmer. The others drove me nuts with turning and that second or 4th cut. I have the block lock and it wore me out.

This is a one measure, slice n go trimmer. Two come in the pack and each one cuts about 6 sizes... Whole and half sizes.

That said... I really like this quilt. 16 inch blocks are just my style. Right now, I'm just a bit fried on HST's. Going to do some other shapes for a while. LOL. But, I would make this.
    Last edited by kensington; October 5th, 2018 at 05:12 PM.

Fabric Fanatic

Post Thanks / Like

I love that layer cake! Unfortunately white isnít a color I can keep in my house! Iíve started several blue and white quilts knowing I canít keep them but thatís probably why I havenít completed them yet. Dogs and white quilts just do not get along.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Claire Hallman View Post
    The block lock will do the trick, too. Any square ruler with a diagonal line will work but I really like my block lock one for the job.
    I really like the quilt, too.
    I have been tempted by these but also thought they were a little high since other ones do the same thing. Do you feel the "lock" feature is worth it? I've been hoping for a sale on them to try one out.
    Donna

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It seems to me the templates/rulers are all expensive for a piece of plastic but I do like the block lock I bought, it improved my hst a lot even in comparison to squaring with a diagonal lined regular square ruler.