Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Is there a comparison list for midarms as well as longarms?

I've been kinda shopping for one or the other. My sweet enabler hubby keeps steering me to a sitdown machine but I do enough sitting sewing already. My space is somewhat limited so I'm looking for those that are smaller than the big boys. Maybe 5' or so. I saw one at my Baby Lock dealer but I can't remember the model. Help! I need to keep my DH in the buying mode, lol.

Thanks.

Gina

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Is there a comparison list for midarms as well as longarms?

I personally didn't want a stand-up frame; I want to sit to quilt. Also, I don't have the space for one. I have the Baby Lock Tiara II, which is the table model LA. It takes up 54 x 30" of space. I have the extension on the L. side. There was a Tiara III that came out after mine. The BL frame might be the Coronet or there might be another new one. Have you browsed the BL web site? Sometimes there are videos on YT as well. I hope you find what you're looking for to meet your quilting needs.

Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Kensington had the small baby lock frame, and upgraded to a larger frame. She said she got tired of having to move the quilt all the time. I would love a sit down quilter, personally.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

My dream machine was the Babylock Crown Jewel, however that has been replaced that with the Regalia. So now I am trying to make up my mind or look at something else. Good luck with your search.!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I love my hQ Sweet 16. It's a sit down model which I prefer. I have extension tables on both sides and we have a suspension system if we need it. I think this could optional. Easily can quilt King size.

It is similar to the Tiara and the Husquarvana sit down. The important decision is to ensure you can get it cleaned or serviced locally.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

I had a similar debate a few years ago then realized that what I hate most about quilting was spending all the time needed to pin baste, so I purchase a Bailey on a frame and then upgraded to a Q’nique and it is perfect for a hobby quilter. I gives you many of the bells and whistles of the larger long arm without the large price and no more pin basting for me yippee.
    Happy Quilting
    Evelyn

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.janome.com/machines/long-arm/qmp-18/
    I am considering this one, like someone else said, basting is my least favorite part of quilting. This fame can be 4, 8, or 12 ft. Leave it small when not in use. Leah Day has a good video comparing midarms and longarms.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJPA93dtPx8

UN-Biased

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Juki TL 2200 S sit-down, its somewhere around 30" wide without the extra extensions. I just bought it and I love it. It is the regular model, not the new one with the stitch regulator. I have my sewing table next to it so don't really need the extensions. I would love someday to get a Frame and maybe even computerized software, but for right now I don't have the room. Keep looking and comparing and pick the one that appeals to you the most. It's an expensive proposition, so make sure you're happy with your purchase. Also the Juki was knocked down about $1500 in price as the new model with the stitch regulator just came out. Couldn't pass up this deal!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gracien View Post
    I have the Juki TL 2200 S sit-down, its somewhere around 30" wide without the extra extensions. I just bought it and I love it. It is the regular model, not the new one with the stitch regulator. I have my sewing table next to it so don't really need the extensions. I would love someday to get a Frame and maybe even computerized software, but for right now I don't have the room. Keep looking and comparing and pick the one that appeals to you the most. It's an expensive proposition, so make sure you're happy with your purchase. Also the Juki was knocked down about $1500 in price as the new model with the stitch regulator just came out. Couldn't pass up this deal!
    I just go one, too, at the Paducah fall show. I got the show demo model with extensions, everything including the two spools of thread. I thought it was a good deal with 60 mo free financing. I have not used it much since I have been really busy but so far I really like it.
    A bonus is it can be put on a frame at a later date if desired.